My O's Goal: 18-11 till the Allstar Break

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares? Why can't he dream? Look back to April and look at right now.

In the words of the late, great Biggie Smalls "it was all a dream...". Nobody thought we'd be here. I doubt anybody really thinks we'll go 14-6 until the break. But, again, I ask... Why nOt?

12 more wins is doable. The big question is "Can the rotation position us for those wins'?. I'm pretty uncomfortable when anyone not named Hammel or Chen starts. That being said Hammel did great last night going the "Full Monty". We have 4 more games coming in NL ballparks. We are going to need QS as a minimum. Offensively speaking, we've scored a lot of runs recently. That must continue. Like I said DOABLE.

The Mets series is going to be brutally tough because of the pitching matchups. The first game is against R.A. Dickey. He's given up 1 ER in his last 5 starts and is completely unhittable right now, likely the All-Star starter. Game 2 doesn't get much easier against Johan Santana. Game 3 at least looks like an even matchup.

Just start all reserves against Dickey...and Reynolds. Maybe bat some pitchers against that timing-killing knuckleball voodoo

Sent from my PantechP8000 using Tapatalk 2

Dickey throws a really hard knuckleball. Back in '08 it came in around 70 but he is throwing it around 77 on average now.

1245_P_KN_20120613.png

Dickey throws a really hard knuckleball. Back in '08 it came in around 70 but he is throwing it around 77 on average now.

1245_P_KN_20120613.png

Was listening to MLB Network on XM and they were talking about how he has added some velocity at the sake of some movement. They were also discussing how he seems to know how to control the knuckleball and throw it exactly where he wants.

Archived