My O's Goal: 18-11 till the Allstar Break

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18-11 would be amazing but prob not going to happen out schedule is too tough. Im thinking we go 10-19 and sit at 42-43 at the break and then play semi 500 ball rest of july and then an august-sept swoon puts us at 75-87 to end the year.

18-11 would be amazing but prob not going to happen out schedule is too tough. Im thinking we go 10-19 and sit at 42-43 at the break and then play semi 500 ball rest of july and then an august-sept swoon puts us at 75-87 to end the year.

Well aren't YOU Mr. Positive! :rolleyes:

If we play .500 ball the rest of the year I'll be happy as a pig in poo. I'll take better, but I just want to see the team stay competitive all season ans stay away from those extended losing streaks that have doomed us in the past.

18-11 would be amazing but prob not going to happen out schedule is too tough.

That's exactly what people said at the beginning of May!

Or whenever that long stretch against tough teams began, which they went through as if they were trying to recreate Sherman going through Georgia.

Just curious. Who's the fair amount of offense?

Just going by runs-scored leaders, The Braves (7th in baseball), Mets (9th), Mariners (10th), Indians (12th), and Phillies (16th). Plus, the Angels are currently sitting at 21st, but the O's six, pre-break games against them will involve a somewhat-resurgent Pujols...so I'd add LA to the "fair amount of offense"-mix, as well. The only "bad" offenses the O's will be facing are the Pirates and Nationals...and didn't the Nats just get Morse back? (I might be imagining that last bit)

Just going by runs-scored leaders, The Braves (7th in baseball), Mets (9th), Mariners (10th), Indians (12th), and Phillies (16th). Plus, the Angels are currently sitting at 21st, but the O's six, pre-break games against them will involve a somewhat-resurgent Pujols...so I'd add LA to the "fair amount of offense"-mix, as well. The only "bad" offenses the O's will be facing are the Pirates and Nationals...and didn't the Nats just get Morse back? (I might be imagining that last bit)

The Mariners are 10th? Holy crap. Living in Philly, I've heard all season about how awful their offense is. I mean, Cliff Lee has fewer wins than Chris Davis. I just assumed that was b/c of the awful offense.

I agree with the Braves. I didn't realize the Mets were so proficient. Either way, I'm not exactly fearing the offenses we'll play. Though, that could just be hubris.

The Mariners are 10th? Holy crap. Living in Philly, I've heard all season about how awful their offense is. I mean, Cliff Lee has fewer wins than Chris Davis. I just assumed that was b/c of the awful offense.

I agree with the Braves. I didn't realize the Mets were so proficient. Either way, I'm not exactly fearing the offenses we'll play. Though, that could just be hubris.

Yeah...I had no idea the Mariners were productive before this thread (and the positional rankings thread) made me look at the numbers. And I'd just assumed the Phillies were terrible as a matter of course. The teams the O's'll be playing definitely aren't fear-inspiring for the most part, but that pretty much sums up why I said "fair amount." Regardless, I don't think the O's have many cakewalk games between now and the break, no matter how you (dare I say) slice it.

EDIT: not trying to knock the Phillies. They've just (obviously) been dealing with several injuries to hugely important players.

There's what, 16 games or so against the NL? I could be wrong, but I think it's around that. They're not going to go 10-19 in that span. Anything under .500 should be a disappointment.

Let's take a look at who they have to play,

1 @ Red Sox (28-28) (13-16 home) lose finale

3 vs Phillies (28-30) (16-12 road) (2-1) series

3 vs Pirates (28-27) (12-16 road) (3-0) series

3 @ Braves (31-25) (12-11 home) (1-2) series

3 @ Mets (31-26) (19-12 home) (2-1) series

3 vs Nationals (32-22) (14-13 road) (2-1) series

3 vs Angels (29-29) (13-15 road) (2-1) series

4 vs Indians (30-25) (14-9 road) (2-2) series

3 @ Mariners (26-33) (9-13 home)(3-0) series

4@ Angels (29-29) (16-14 home) (1-3) series

They play just two sub .500 teams from now until the All-Star break and 5 series at home and 5 on the road. I'd say something like the prediction I made would get us to where we need to be and it is possible, but it would be difficult.

Let's take a look at who they have to play,

1 @ Red Sox (28-28) (13-16 home) lose finale

3 vs Phillies (28-30) (16-12 road) (2-1) series

3 vs Pirates (28-27) (12-16 road) (3-0) series

3 @ Braves (31-25) (12-11 home) (1-2) series

3 @ Mets (31-26) (19-12 home) (2-1) series

3 vs Nationals (32-22) (14-13 road) (2-1) series

3 vs Angels (29-29) (13-15 road) (2-1) series

4 vs Indians (30-25) (14-9 road) (2-2) series

3 @ Mariners (26-33) (9-13 home)(3-0) series

4@ Angels (29-29) (16-14 home) (1-3) series

They play just two sub .500 teams from now until the All-Star break and 5 series at home and 5 on the road. I'd say something like the prediction I made would get us to where we need to be and it is possible, but it would be difficult.

There just aren't that many sub-.500 teams in baseball -- only 12 of 30 teams. The Orioles have a better record than every one of the listed teams except the Nats, who we already beat 2 out of 3 in their ballpark. If the Orioles are going to be a .500+ team this year, they need to play .500+ ball against teams like these.

Agree with FRobby (what else is new?). This is the part of our schedule where we have to take advantage. Our schedule this year is like an overcooked Hot Pocket, tough and burned on the ends and warm and gooey in the middle. Let's eat the gooey center and win a large amount of ball games.

Agree with FRobby (what else is new?). This is the part of our schedule where we have to take advantage. Our schedule this year is like an overcooked Hot Pocket, tough and burned on the ends and warm and gooey in the middle. Let's eat the gooey center and win a large amount of ball games.

[video=youtube;N-i9GXbptog]

Archived