Bryce Harper gives it to Canadian reporter

CA-ORIOLE

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sports media are a strange mix of stupid, lazy, worthless, ineffective, and sycophantic. Even when they try to ask grilling questions they're either asking the wrong guy or the wrong question, with the exception of Jim Rome sticking it to David Stern.

EDIT: What I said above had nothing to do with the question he was asked I'm just saying I hate sports reporters in general. Harper is a Mormon? That's hilarious.

I'm so #$&%ing jealous. Seriously. I wish this kid were playing for us....but nope. The Orioles can't even lose right.

Dude, buck up. It takes courage to be optimistic. We're one game out of first more at about 40% of the season.

What a crazy question. If we were playing a game in the Netherlands would they ask him to give his favorite weed? Or if he had AAA in Nevada would they ask him who his favorite girl at the "Bunny Ranch" was? This question if answered would just give him grief.

A truly clown question.

You know I was thinking about this some more and, I don't know, I think he responded like a douchebag.

The question was meant innocently enough, he could've responded with some tact. Yes we know Bryce, you're a super cereal person, no fun allowed.

He answered like a douchebag because he is a douchebag. OK, he's young, but that's really only about 10% of the reason for his crap. Sure it's a goofy question. Harper could have left it with "I'm not going to answer that question" but he had to go out of his way to mock the guy. He'll destroy a clubhouse eventually.

I think he could have responded better. Dumb question, sure. But just laugh it off and say something like no comment or maybe name an non-alcoholic product like Coke or something in jest. Or maybe even name a beer. It's not against the law up there. I was drinking legally in Central Europe while I was still technically under-aged in the US.

The sports media are a strange mix of stupid, lazy, worthless, ineffective, and sycophantic. Even when they try to ask grilling questions they're either asking the wrong guy or the wrong question, with the exception of Jim Rome sticking it to David Stern.

EDIT: What I said above had nothing to do with the question he was asked I'm just saying I hate sports reporters in general. Harper is a Mormon? That's hilarious.

What are the odds of him going on a mission like Guts did?

Archived