vs. PIRATES 6/14

OFFNY

If Jones doesn't jog after that long fly it would still be 10-3. It won't make a difference on the outcome, but it might burn a reliever or two.

The wind pushed it (what Bordick said) or he misjudged it or lost track of it--I don't think he was slacking.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG, Matt is on fire.:boogie:

He's not the only one. It's a shame this team is going to play it's next 6 games in NL parks, last thing we want to do is take one of these hot hitters out of the equation at this point in time.

The wind pushed it (what Bordick said) or he misjudged it or lost track of it--I don't think he was slacking.

He made a bad read on it. Jones plays hard, but he likes to glide to fly balls rather than sprint to the spot. That leaves less margin for error if he misjudges a ball over his head.

Fantastic sentence, but is there really someone who was in the "should retire" category? It's not like Vlad, Atkins, or Russ Ortiz are still on the team.

That is thankfully a category of player we are missing this year, but I was thinking of BRob....who is obviously proving the pessimists wrong.

Someone posted on on minor league board that Lew Ford is 2-for-3 with a double and single, an RBI, a run scored, and he's batting .404 now at AAA-Norfolk now.

The Tides were losing the game 2-1 in the bottom of the 7th inning when Ford led the inning off with a double, which ignited the 2-run rally to give the Tides the lead and the win, 3-2.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=l117&t=g_box&gid=2012_06_14_tolaaa_noraaa_1

Archived