vs. PIRATES 6/14

OFFNY

I said in the game thread last night that I thought Pearce was ready for a home run. He's been flying out to deep outfield for awhile now, getting good swings on just about everyone.

Yup - I have been expecting it also - Why Not? Memories of role players contributing are fleeting through my mind - Roenicke, Orsulak, etc.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard on the Fan all kinds of people bashing EB. I don't get it. So what of he didn't like talking to the

media. Everyone I know who has met him says he was cool. He just told them up front, politely, he doesn't want to talk Baseball.

What a bunch of fools (the bashers).

I said in the game thread last night that I thought Pearce was ready for a home run. He's been flying out to deep outfield for awhile now, getting good swings on just about everyone.

From Roch's blog:

Steve Pearce went 2-for-3 with an RBI against his former team. He also leads the league in long fly ball outs.

I couldn't believe this is true, considering his limited ABs, but he has had a ton of long fly ball outs in his short time here. Bout time one of those long fly balls made it over the fence.

From Roch's blog:

I couldn't believe this is true, considering his limited ABs, but he has had a ton of long fly ball outs in his short time here. Bout time one of those long fly balls made it over the fence.

I'm pretty sure Roch is using hyperbole.

Stay strong, OFFNY, don't let the superstitious, old-fashioned folks get to you!

Here, I'll help you out: Tommy is perfect through 4, but seeing as he hasn't had a K since the 2nd inning he's gonna have to really ride his luck to get through the next 5 like he did the first 4, even if it is against the Pirates. ;)

All your fault.

I agree, he passes the eye test and he's never been given a real, extended shot at the ML level. Anyways, until Reimold comes back, he's our best option in LF.

He was brought up to replace Markakis in rightfield, where he is tonight.

Archived