"Scott-Friendly" Game Thread Week: vs. MARINERS 7/02

OFFNY

Yes I saw this thread coming.

Here's an idea: it would be a lot more clever if you made these clairvoyance threads 10 minutes <i>before</i> the **** hits the fan, or better yet used your powers of foresight to call Buck's cell phone and breathlessly warn him Hammel will blow it.

I wish I could have your lack of passion and your willingness to accept failure. It has probably served you well. But I express my frustration with embarassing play. You can keep accepting it.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JASON HAMMEL

IP:. 6.67

H:o 7

R:O 4

BB: 2

SO: 8

Pitches: 115 (72 Strikes, 43 Balls)

2012 ERA: 3.43

Wow, Hammel got charged with four earned runs. Didn't Andino get charged with an E?

Hammel looked upset in the dugout, pacing back and forth. He was probably hurling for his All-Star berth (aside from making up for the last bad start).

Patton is a good call!

Patton would have been a good call to Suzuki instead of the pitch around. Come on, Buck has been staying with

guys in games past their expiration dates for a couple weeks. Suzuki is not what he once was and Hammel had pitched well enough but was getting into deep pitch counts and was over 100 for the game. After keeping guys at that number or around it all year you don't take your guy out and preserve the teams lead when you have the chance? Yes, Andino screwed up but what does that have to do with the inning and the situation at the time of which I'm speaking? Bullpen should have been called in.

Wow, Hammel got charged with four earned runs. Didn't Andino get charged with an E?

Hammel looked upset in the dugout, pacing back and forth. He was probably hurling for his All-Star berth (aside from making up for the last bad start).

He gets earned runs because the E put a runner on second. But Ichiro's walk would have put him there anyways. Then the double scores him, and all the rest.

Archived