vs. YANKEES 7/30

OFFNY

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We've seen it time and time again Frobby. Make all the excuses you want, not every one run game was because he knew when to pull the starter out. In fact most became one rune games long after the starter left. He pushes his starters too far, and too often he doens't have the bullpen ready when situations snowball on him. He reacts slowly and it has cost the team.

So are you saying you think he is below average in terms of knowing when it's time to yank a starter? By the way, I think Buck is trying very hard nor to get guys up in the bullpen throwing unless he is going to use them. They are tired and he knows it.

So are you saying you think he is below average in terms of knowing when it's time to yank a starter? By the way, I think Buck is trying very hard nor to get guys up in the bullpen throwing unless he is going to use them. They are tired and he knows it.

I do not think Buck is very effective at dealing with situation that snowball on him. He'll have a starter start the 7th inning at or near 100 pitches and he won't have anyone up in the bullpen. the starter will start to get wild, walk a guy, give up a hit, then he starts to get the bullpen up. Then someone hits a bomb or they collect a couple more hits and suddenly a run or two are in and there are guys on base and now the reliever comes in. The reliever then gives up the inherited runners and new ball game, all because Buck didn't have someone up just in case.

Either way, let's hop JJ can save this thing. My faith in him is shaken but not broken...yet!

Archived