vs BLUE JAYS 9/24 GAME TWO

Goober Noodles

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why are we swinging at these low curveballs when we're not in pitchers' counts!? Sit on a middle in fastball and if you don't get it, don't swing!

He wasnt going to be getting any fastballs. As much as I would have loved for him to hit one out, I am glad that we got the pitch count up a bit. Start off next inning with the 3,4,5 guys and lets get some more.

That ball he hit was a hanger. It should have been 10 rows deep, but he was looking fastball.

Oh I agree about that pitch (plus there were two strikes at that point, right?). It's the swings early in the count that get us from 1-1 to 1-2 on those low off-speed pitches that are frustrating.

He wasnt going to be getting any fastballs. As much as I would have loved for him to hit one out, I am glad that we got the pitch count up a bit. Start off next inning with the 3,4,5 guys and lets get some more.

True, getting those 2 runs and making Romero work was very important. Especially considering we got it done partially with the bottom third of the lineup, which is fairly weak tonight.

Archived