Ok, who is going to Arlington?

blkeen

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome!

Gameday info from the Rangers' site: http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/tex/ticketing/game_day_timeline.jsp?loc=wc

Gates open at 4:30 local time.

I'll be in Section 14. Cartoon bird hat and UMD hooded sweatshirt.

Let's go O's.

I will be in section 14 too with my black oriole jersey on. Bought it two years ago first time wearing it hopefully it brings some luck.

Sorry I missed any pregame festivities. I was looking forward to meeting all of you. The trip from Austin to Arlington usually takes three hours; today it took 4.5. We got to our seats just as McLouth reached first base.

But I must say that the sea of orange and black around the visitors dugout after the game was a spectacle to behold! The players had to have been impressed, if not completely stoked.

Awesome game!

I am at Dallas Fort Worth airport right now waiting for our 6:30 flight back to Baltimore (didn't see any point in getting a hotel room for just a few hours). Definitely the greatest night I have experienced as an Orioles fan!

I would say there were a few hundred O's fans at the game mostly on the third base side and behind homeplate. Everyone was really excited. Being so out numbered and spread out I am not sure if any of that came across on TV. Basically every O's fan there moved down behind the dugout once the game was over. Everyone was going nuts chanting and cheering for every player has they came in. You could see just how excited everyone was - players; coaches; even Mike Bordick. Nobody wanted to leave! We ended up at a bar with a bunch of fans and celebrated for a few more hours.

Just an awesome experience all around and hopefully Sunday is even better!

(Sorry for typing issues - I am writing this on my Kindle.)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I am at Dallas Fort Worth airport right now waiting for our 6:30 flight back to Baltimore (didn't see any point in getting a hotel room for just a few hours). Definitely the greatest night I have experienced as an Orioles fan!

I would say there were a few hundred O's fans at the game mostly on the third base side and behind homeplate. Everyone was really excited. Being so out numbered and spread out I am not sure if any of that came across on TV. Basically every O's fan there moved down behind the dugout once the game was over. Everyone was going nuts chanting and cheering for every player has they came in. You could see just how excited everyone was - players; coaches; even Mike Bordick. Nobody wanted to leave! We ended up at a bar with a bunch of fans and celebrated for a few more hours.

Just an awesome experience all around and hopefully Sunday is even better!

(Sorry for typing issues - I am writing this on my Kindle.)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Awesome meeting you guys. Lets keep this magic going in OPACY!!! Safe trip home.

What an incredible night at the ballpark! There was an awesome camaraderie among the o's fans there. It was a classic 2012 oriole victory. Got just enough runs, and the bullpen was nails.

My wife and I got the ultimate compliment from the people in front of us. They said we were the best opposing fans they had ever been around. Made me feel good since we see how obnoxious Yankee and red sox fans are in our place.

They were actually really annoyed at the other RANGERS fans around us because they were constantly heckling josh Hamilton, joe Nathan, and Ron Washington. At one point, I asked one of the hecklers, "why do you root for the rangers if you hate them so much?"

All in all, a great night. I had many people tell me they'll root for the o's now that the rangers are out! Go o's!

Second row behind home plate. 15 years I've been waiting for this. I'm not screwing around. See you folks in Arlington.

I saw two guys in orange shirts to the third base side of the home plate vantage point. If that was you, congrats!

• 9 months later...
Who's in for this weekend? I'll be there Friday and Sunday. Can't wait. Due to the unbalanced schedule, this is the only chance I get!

I will be there Friday only. Had to give away my tix for Sat and Sun to my parents due to a work project that came up out of the blue.

Archived