Is Cal a former Oriole or Yankee?

MachadOboutManny

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a Fact

Last night Hardy "Deked" Arod at SS and Arod looked ridiculous falling over the bag. Cal Ripken went on a bit about how much he didnt like that and how he would never do that.

Tonight, he says Arod just made a great play with a Deke on Hardy.

Last night he thought it was basically a bush league sort of tactic, tonight is pure genius.

:thumbsup1:

Ripken probably holds some animosity about Angelos. Remember all the hype out that Angelos didnt want to give Ripken a front office job then because then Ripken would get the accolades for turning the team around? Any of you all remember that mini fiasco?

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/178750-os-owner-turned-down-ripken-for-job

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/380113-the-baltimore-orioles-will-never-win-with-peter-angelos

And I wonder who leaked this info? Probably not from the Angelos side. Maybe Cal, maybe Bill?

Ripken probably holds some animosity after Angelos refused to sell the team to his group two or three years ago. Remember all the hype out that Angelos didnt want to sell then because then Ripken would get the accolades for turning the team around? Any of you all remember that mini fiasco?

This seems a very likely scenario. But if so, Ripken is a great player but a small person.

I have never been a big Cal fan, but these 3 games have made me really dislike him. Jeter makes an error, "oh in his defense...". Give it up Cal, you are an embarrassment to this organization. There is being unbiased and then there is being a tool. YOU'RE A TOOL RIPKEN!

Teixera didn't make a mistake, it was a bad hop!...GIVE ME A BREAK!

This is the most ridiculous thread I have ever seen. Sorry guys, you all are being way oversensitive about something that isn't really there...but it is not unexpected. I am an Ohio State fan, and most Buckeye fans hate Kirk Herbstreit, Robert Smith, and Cris Carter...but they love Chris Spielman...

Why do they love Spielman? Because he cannot hide his bias and he comes across as a (nearly embarrassing) Ohio State homer in his broadcasts. But that is coming from someone who studied journalism and broadcasting, so I take media bias accusations very seriously...

I have never been a big Cal fan, but these 3 games have made me really dislike him. Jeter makes an error, "oh in his defense...". Give it up Cal, you are an embarrassment to this organization. There is being unbiased and then there is being a tool. YOU'RE A TOOL RIPKEN!

He just made a ridiculous excuse for his boy Teix now. "A normal fan wont see that" - Good god. That was just an easy play, we all made when we were 12, and Teix booted it. A normal fan cant see the crazy circumstances around that Teix error.

I wonder how lucky he would have said we were that the ball hit the ump after a Reynolds botch job. Nothing here about the Yanks lucking out.

:scratchchinhmm:

This is the most ridiculous thread I have ever seen. Sorry guys, you all are being way oversensitive about something that isn't really there...but it is not unexpected. I am an Ohio State fan, and most Buckeye fans hate Kirk Herbstreit, Robert Smith, and Cris Carter...but they love Chris Spielman...

Why do they love Spielman? Because he cannot hide his bias and he comes across as a (nearly embarrassing) Ohio State homer in his broadcasts. But that is coming from someone who studied journalism and broadcasting, so I take media bias accusations very seriously...

No trust me, Cal is making excuses for every freaking thing the yankees do. The Yankees are the greatest team in the world and Cal is making sure we know that. :rolleyes:

After he was done describing the Teix error, I felt like crying for him. No human should have to face such circumstances. A ball, oddly cut grass, the ball moves a third of an inch to his left....and all he has is a glove to defend himself. Start a foundation, Cal. Im just glad we have his superhuman powers available to us - otherwise - we never would have understood what a dire situation it truly was for Mark.

Archived