Cubbies want Tejada???

Sports Guy

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, he is player who hasn't produced in the last few post seasons.

His numbers in the postseason are actually better than Jeter's if i am not mistaken.

True, but I'm not sure that King George cares what he did with the Mariners. While A-Rod was pretty decent in 2004, that's a postseason that no one in the Yankees organization wants to remember.

"Yankee fans" don't run the organization. But when King George doesn't like a player, they'll move him.

Actually, he is player who hasn't produced in the last few post seasons.

His numbers in the postseason are actually better than Jeter's if i am not mistaken.

They are. He also did well against BOS in '04, which nobody wants to give him credit for. It's really just the past two series.

True, but I'm not sure that King George cares what he did with the Mariners. While A-Rod was pretty decent in 2004, that's a postseason that no one in the Yankees organization wants to remember.

"Yankee fans" don't run the organization. But when King George doesn't like a player, they'll move him.

Well, whatever. Good for him. I'd take A-Rod on my team any day of the week.

Like others have said, if Prior were to look healthy, I'd do this, but that seems unlikely. I do like Hill though and don't get the argument against him. The guy dominated in his last 12 starts and has a lot of ability.

For anybody else, A-Rod is still one of the best players in the game. But for a team built for the postseason, he's a player who doesn't produce in the postseason.

He's 3-for-his last-29 in the postseason. Which is about as meaningful as Mickey Mantle's three consecutive World Series where he hit between .120 and .167 (hint: not at all). Or as damning as Yogi Berra once being 7-for-50 in WS play, (from '47 to '50).

Before this tiny postseason slump ARod hit .300 with a .500 or .700 slugging percentage in the postseason like clockwork.

He's 3-for-his last-29 in the postseason. Which is about as meaningful as Mickey Mantle's three consecutive World Series where he hit between .120 and .167 (hint: not at all). Or as damning as Yogi Berra once being 7-for-50 in WS play, from '47 to '50).

Before this tiny postseason slump ARod hit .300 with a .500 or .700 slugging percentage in the postseason like clockwork.

I agree 100%, but you don't think that matters to George Steinbrenner when deciding whether or not to keep A-Rod for next season???????????????

If Prior's health can't be counted on (and I don't think it can), then we should just say that the Cubs aren't good trading partners and look elsewhere.

This is a traditional mindset of the Orioles and it is a problem. The Cub's don't have exactly what we want so move on. This is a simple linear approach to a complex problem. The organization needs to think in terms of what can the Cubs bring to the table to help us AND help other possible trading partners. Rarely will anything work out between two teams when players the caliber of Tejada and Prior are being discussed especially considering the money involved. More teams need to be involved in order to mitigate risk for all sides. I think the Cubs are a great part of a multi team deal involving Tejada.

This is a traditional mindset of the Orioles and it is a problem. The Cub's don't have exactly what we want so move on. This is a simple linear approach to a complex problem. The organization needs to think in terms of what can the Cubs bring to the table to help us AND help other possible trading partners. Rarely will anything work out between two teams when players the caliber of Tejada and Prior are being discussed especially considering the money involved. More teams need to be involved in order to mitigate risk for all sides. I think the Cubs are a great part of a multi team deal involving Tejada.

IMHO, if the a healthy Prior is not part of the deal, the Cubs can't (or won't) come close to meeting what Tejada can still command. Even in 3 way deals, the value has to be roughly the same, the reason for involving a third team is usually because one team already is set with what the other wants to offer.

Besides, I don't think it is overly linear to say that we match up with other teams, i.e. the Angels. Unfortunately, seeing what happens with ARod may put everyone on hold.

And I still say that of all the things the team can do, keeping a SS that is good for .300/25/110 for at least another couple of seasons would not be the worst decision.

IMHO, if the a healthy Prior is not part of the deal, the Cubs can't (or won't) come close to meeting what Tejada can still command. Even in 3 way deals, the value has to be roughly the same, the reason for involving a third team is usually because one team already is set with what the other wants to offer.

Besides, I don't think it is overly linear to say that we match up with other teams, i.e. the Angels. Unfortunately, seeing what happens with ARod may put everyone on hold.

And I still say that of all the things the team can do, keeping a SS that is good for .300/25/110 for at least another couple of seasons would not be the worst decision.

I agree, but if we can get younger while still competing, we need to consider it.

Archived