Cubbies want Tejada???

Sports Guy

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't even think about without an extension.
What makes you think we couldn't extend Zambrano? Esp. with Mora and Hernandez being fellow Venezuelans?

BTW, Zambrano's increased walk rate and worse GB/FB ratio (last year) concern me a little bit. Does anyone know what might be up with that?

That's funny.. you are difinitely digging at the bottom of the barrel to support this argument.... I suppose Bo Jackson can come play for us also, forget the injury, look at his career numbers..

You said there is no evidence that he will be successful...,That is wrong..There is plenty of evidence to support that.

There is no current evidence that he can stay healthy or will be healthy. That is where the evidence is lacking. But his numbers, when healthy, speak for themselves.

Medical opinions. If he's structurally sound I think you take the risk because a lot of his problems with the Cubs stemmed from him being one of the most abused pitchers in baseball when he was but a wee child. The O's don't have such a track record, so you'd have to hope more careful handling would fix a lot of that.

On a guy like Prior would Mazzone's program of throwing alot more help or hurt him?

Mazzone has always felt the more you throw, the stronger your arm is. But, he has a history of issues, so would it hurt him?(it didn't hurt Wright)

If the Cubs are willing to trade Zambrano, don't you all think they would do it for AROD before Tejada?

I would rather have Lackey than Zambrano anyway.

Personally, i don't think i would deal Tejada for Zambrano...With the way the Cubs have abused him, he is a shoulder or arm injury waiting to happen IMO.

If the Cubs are willing to trade Zambrano, don't you all think they would do it for AROD before Tejada?

I would rather have Lackey than Zambrano anyway.

Personally, i don't think i would deal Tejada for Zambrano...With the way the Cubs have abused him, he is a shoulder or arm injury waiting to happen IMO.

They'd have to give up a lot more for A-Rod than they would for Tejada. A-Rod's owed slightly more money and is a better player, but also don't forget that NYY have far less reason to trade Rodriguez than we do to trade Tejada.

They'd have to give up a lot more for A-Rod than they would for Tejada. A-Rod's owed slightly more money and is a better player, but also don't forget that NYY have far less reason to trade Rodriguez than we do to trade Tejada.

Personally i think the Yanks have more reason to trade him.

Personally i think the Yanks have more reason to trade him.
They don't need to clear salary, and he's the best player in the game. Where's the urgency?

I find a lot of this "Yankee fans hate A-Rod" stuff to be absolutely ridiculous. Who effin' cares what MFY fans think? They hated Dave Winfield, too, and he's in the HOF.

They don't need to clear salary, and he's the best player in the game. Where's the urgency?

I find a lot of this "Yankee fans hate A-Rod" stuff to be absolutely ridiculous. Who effin' cares what MFY fans think? They hated Dave Winfield, too, and he's in the HOF.

It's more of a clubhouse thing as well.

Some think it will be addition by subtraction.

For anybody else, A-Rod is still one of the best players in the game. But for a team built for the postseason, he's a player who doesn't produce in the postseason.

For anybody else, A-Rod is still one of the best players in the game. But for a team built for the postseason, he's a player who doesn't produce in the postseason.

Actually, he is player who hasn't produced in the last few post seasons.

His numbers in the postseason are actually better than Jeter's if i am not mistaken.

Archived