vs Yankees Game 5

Satyr3206

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I do remember seeing that Basallo went #1 overall in the winter league draft last year. So that will probably be where he ends up. Heck, that’s probably better competition. 
    • I don't think it's as lop-sided as you seem to.   Pre-roid it's close to a bump.  30/30 to 40/40 range in those years for Bonds.   Sure Ohtani could be using similar types of supplements result wise but the focused workouts would look different for Ohtani if he's not pitching. 
    • If you can get him on a 3-4 year deal at $20m or less, it's interesting. But here's the rub w/ Santander: yeah, he's a SH. That's great. And he generally has even splits. But he's not great defensively. He reminds me of a SH Nelson Cruz but without the batting average or OBP. I'm not so sure that ages well. I'd extend the QO and pursue a number of other of other options.  To me, it's better to get the draft pick and, say, sign a guy like Tyler O'Neill, Joc Pederson, or Jurickson Profar as your DH/OF type and maybe give RF to Kjerstad.
    • I'm bringing back: Offense/Defense C - Adley SS - Gunnar 3B - Westburg 2B - Holliday 1B - Mountcastle DH - Kjerstad LF - Cowser CF - Cowser/Mullins RF - ? Backup OF - ? Backup C - ? Utility - Urias Starting Pitchers SP1: Eflin SP2: Grayson SP3: Acquire somebody SP4: Kremer SP5: Suarez Relievers Closer: Felix Setup: Cano Late Relief: Webb Late Relief: Coulombe Late Relief: Perez Middle/Long Relief: Akin Reliever: ? Reliever: ? Depth SP: Povich, McDermott, Rogers RP: McDermott I'm bringing back, but not giving a spot to: Mayo Rogers Guys I'm giving a QO offer to: Burnes Santander - I really go back and forth with Santander. He's not great in the outfield. His average and OBP is a liability. But his power is prolific. Does that age well? I don't think so. I'd extend the QO and move on. I'm not bringing back: Mateo - had surgery at the end of August, could he be back in the middle of the season next year? Sure, but he's a FA after next season, and paying over $3m for a guy that might not play nor be effective isn't an adequate use of money Dominguez - I could be convinced to keep him if we're desperate Soto - was a poor acquisition not just because of the talent given up, but because he was always a situational guy with control issues O'Hearn - $8m for a guy that really shouldn't be in the field and can only hit righties is a lot of loot Santander - Give a QO, move on Eloy - Duh This means we need to acquire the following: Starting Pitcher(s) The O's can't go into next season giving Povich a spot and they definitely can not give a spot to Rogers. Rogers needs to be a deep depth arm until he showcases an increase in velocity and/or incredible promise that he can be serviceable and not a WHIP disaster who can barely go 5. Targets: Snell, Burnes, Fried, Wacha, Severino, Morton, etc.  Reliever(s) No more Phillies castoffs. No more waiver wire, dumpster diving for the entire bullpen. No more washed up vets.  Targets: David Robertson, Tommy Kahnle, Blake Treinen, Andrew Kittredge, Tanner Scott, etc. Position Player(s) Backup C (give more time to the backup if a better hitter so Adley can be fresh throughout year) Targets: Elias Diaz, Travis d'Arnaud (although I reckon the Braves pickup his option), Jacob Stallings. I guess if they're desperate they can stick with Blake Hunt (in the minors) Corner OF We could always acquire a bat first OF and then put Kjerstad in the OF. Targets: Tyler O'Neill, Jurickson Profar, Joc Pederson, etc. Backup OF Could be Mullins if they, say, call up Beavers and sign another OF, otherwise these are a dime a dozen out there. Just get somebody that can platoon since it's a heavy LHH OF right now. I'd entertain the O's calling up Beavers. 
    • I don't think Davis continued to put in the same level of effort on his fitness after he signed the huge deal.  
    • I think he easily surpasses 3/$55 million in this year's market, so it's kind of a moot point. "QO, take it or leave it" is still my final answer.
    • I would bet there are people in their mid to late 40's that don't remember the O's World Series win.  My dad wasn't a big sports guy and back then family's had one TV.  I don't remember much about sports before the O's coming up just short in 1982.  Definitely don't remember 1979 World Series even though I was 9.
  • Popular Contributors