How do we get Trevor Bauer? (Update: Bauer to Indians)

SrMeowMeow

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Upton and Bauer were on this team -- there is no way in *&^% ANYONE here would think a Hardy/Schoop type deal would come Close to being worth parting with either guy.

Last time I checked the O's didn't need a shortstop.

It all depends on how "down" he is on Bauer. I am sure that folks were down enough on Tillman last offseason that a deal similar to Hardy + Schoop would have been heartily endorsed by some of the OH.

It all depends on how "down" he is on Bauer. I am sure that folks were down enough on Tillman last offseason that a deal similar to Hardy + Schoop would have been heartily endorsed by some of the OH.

The Tillman haters would have jumped all over that kind of offer.

Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald reports that the Red Sox are expected to pursue a trade for Justin Upton.

Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reported earlier Wednesday that, despite previous comments from their owner to the contrary, the D'Backs will shop Upton this offseason. The Red Sox are on the outfielder's no-trade list, but Silverman's source says that will not keep Boston from going after him. The Rangers would also make sense as a trade partner, with Rosenthal speculating that they could deal Elvis Andrus for Upton.

Source: Boston Herald Nov 7 - 7:29 PM

A trade centering around Andrus/Upton just makes too much sense not to happen, so it will almost definitely not happen. Upton fills the void left by Hamilton, Profar plays short, Diamondbacks get to turn the page on Upton and fill their hole at short. What's not to like here?

"Type" of deal. Its unfortunate that you were lost so easily and opted to explain your ignorance with sanctimonious sarcasm rather than the good ole "honest mistake".

Last offseason - just like this offseason - and every other offseason - Tillmans value was not, and is not, comparable to what Bauers is now. More specifically, heading into last offseason, Tillman was getting rocked throwing an 87mph FB that had no movement, couldnt be located, or kept below the belt.

Your little green reputation bars leave me to believe you're better than this. Step it up, Coc.

The Tillman haters would have jumped all over that kind of offer.

They would have jumped all over that kind of offer for Matt Hobgood as well. The comparison is absurd. No one in baseball would have taken last years Tillman over this years Bauer.

Hell, you couldnt trade this years Tillman for this years Bauer. Its not close.

A trade centering around Andrus/Upton just makes too much sense not to happen, so it will almost definitely not happen. Upton fills the void left by Hamilton, Profar plays short, Diamondbacks get to turn the page on Upton and fill their hole at short. What's not to like here?

Agreed, Scrat. And we cant compete with that offer and dont need to. imo. I would Love Upton, but we cant afford him at this point.

They would have jumped all over that kind of offer for Matt Hobgood as well. The comparison is absurd. No one in baseball would have taken last years Tillman over this years Bauer.

Hell, you couldnt trade this years Tillman for this years Bauer. Its not close.

No, your comparing Tillman to Hobgood is what's absurd. Tillman still had tremendous upside within the organization and that's why he had a shot to make the rotation out of ST. And are you suggesting Tillman does NOT hold the value of Bauer currently?

No, your comparing Tillman to Hobgood is what's absurd. Tillman still had tremendous upside within the organization and that's why he had a shot to make the rotation out of ST. And are you suggesting Tillman does NOT hold the value of Bauer currently?

You cant, sensibly, start your argument with, "No" considering you're not debating substance, but rather an obvious exaggeration I made for effect. The absurdity of comparing last years Tillman to this years Bauer is utterly ridiculous.

I did much more than "suggest" Tillman does not hold the value of Bauer currently, I said it. Very plainly. You could not get nearly as much for Tillman as you could for Bauer. That is realty; and its not all that close.

You cant, sensibly, start your argument with, "No" considering you're not debating substance, but rather an obvious exaggeration I made for effect. The absurdity of comparing last years Tillman to this years Bauer is utterly ridiculous.

I did much more than "suggest" Tillman does not hold the value of Bauer currently, I said it. Very plainly. You could not get nearly as much for Tillman as you could for Bauer. That is realty; and its not all that close.

I see and you are sensibly arguing that a guy who's own organization is announcing they no longer have an interest in keeping has more value than a guy who has already performed at the ML level. :rolleyes:

Buyer beware...

@Buster_ESPN

Two reasons why Arizona will listen on Bauer: 1) Avg. fastball velo was 92.2 mph, less than in college, and 2) His willingness to adjust.

Tillman increased his velocity from the previous year and he made adjustments while working with Peterson on his delivery.

A little side note. I wouldn't mind having Bauer, but I wouldn't go crazy giving up talent for him. I saw him develop out here and while he had a ton of ability in college, the feeling at the time was his ceiling was limited in the pros. He's got a small frame and unlike Bundy who is also only 6'1" he is not built solidly.

Tillman, however, is 6'5" 210 ;)

I see and you are sensibly arguing that a guy who's own organization is announcing they no longer have an interest in keeping has more value than a guy who has already performed at the ML level. :rolleyes:

That isnt an actual argument. That is, at best, a weak attempt to manipulate the facts to fit some misguided truth you seem to want to believe in.

@Buster_ESPN

Two reasons why Arizona will listen on Bauer: 1) Avg. fastball velo was 92.2 mph, less than in college, and 2) His willingness to adjust.

Tillman increased his velocity from the previous year and he made adjustments while working with Peterson on his delivery.

A little side note. I wouldn't mind having Bauer, but I wouldn't go crazy giving up talent for him. I saw him develop out here and while he had a ton of ability in college, the feeling at the time was his ceiling was limited in the pros. He's got a small frame and unlike Bundy who is also only 6'1" he is not built solidly.

Tillman, however, is 6'5" 210 ;)

You could not trade Tillman and get Bauer. Simple as that. Much less does the argument of the 2011 Tillman being compared to the 2012 Bauer carry any value.

That isnt an actual argument. That is, at best, a weak attempt to manipulate the facts to fit some misguided truth you seem to want to believe in.

Right. Tell you what, when Bauer puts up a half season as good as Tillman get back to me. Til then your the only one looking weak.

Archived