Twitter rumor: Os ready to make HUGE offer for Hamilton

Rene88

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It absolutely is different this time in bird land. But does it mean the O's will actually land Hamilton? Who knows? DD isn't afraid of big contracts, see ManRam and Pedro but big Pete is. Hamilton's value will be down because of his health and off the field problems versus a guy of his talent without the baggage. NY and Boston both seem to be sitting this one out. But we've all heard that one before (Tex). I've said since the time it was clear he was headed to free agency the O's will be linked to Hamilton all off season. And here we are a week into it and there's already three or four of these threads. I wouldn't be shocked if DD made the big splash on Hamilton nor will I be surprised if he signs a huge deal with Philly (latest rumor).

Never said the Titans didnt show a huge interest in Manning. I said the interest wasnt as obvious on Mannings part. Im a huge Niner fan. They didnt jump in until late, and even I knew he wasnt going to SF, and it was done to make the Broncos bite. And they did.

It was obvious that Manning wasn't interested in partial ownership and playing where he went to college? SOOO obvious that he delayed his flight out of TN?

I give up man. Whatever you say:O)

I feel like I'm in one of those old Tom & Jerry cartoons.

"Don't... you... believe... it..."

Gotta love Fall. Every year O's fans turn into Charlie Brown trying to kick a football.
He sticks so much **** to the wall. Then, when 1 out of 50 comes true, he yells, "SEE!!!!!!!"
When have we been close to matching an offer for a premier Free Agent? Vladdy I? We all thought Fatty Fielder would be low balled because of his weight. How did that work out? Lets just say, I'll believe it when I see it.
I'll still only believe this when I see it.
Some folks on here crack me up. I know she won't move the ball this time.

I think this is about right. I would literally be shocked if we signed Hamilton, shocked. He makes sense from a player's perspective, but the Orioles just don't give out contracts like the one he will get.

Dick Morris,the guy who predicted the Romney landslide is also predicting this on Twitter.

Dick Morris is an interesting fella in real life - I've worked with him a few times over the years even though I literally disagree with everything about his political views...but I generally run into that in my line of work.

And I completely agree with your point that anyone who predicts Hamilton lands with the O's would have as much chance of being right as any of Dick Morris' predictions.

JDM.jpg

(But what a smile)

I think this is about right. I would literally be shocked if we signed Hamilton, shocked. He makes sense from a player's perspective, but the Orioles just don't give out contracts like the one he will get.

The only variable is what our definition of his contract will be and actual market value for him. If he costs less than $100M, I'd take a hard look at him. The first three years of his contract here could put him in the middle of our lineup at the best possible time. Could mean a World Series, at which point, you gladly eat the final few years when you're paying him waaay over value.

Archived