Matt Hobgood - is there hope? (No, there is not. Indy League bound.)

McLovin

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone believe another team would keep pick him in the Rule 5 draft and keep him on the major league roster all next year?

If he is throwing 97 as a reliever, that is just the type of guy they grab.

Very passive aggressive. Why don't you just say what you're thinking. BTW, Bridwell has looked good lately. Have you written him off too?

I admit. It was a passive comment. There is no aggression there. I hope the best for him. I blame Joe.

FYI...

Tucker Blair @TuckerBlairON

Follow

Matt Hobgood was touching 97 mph again last night. He's back healthy after the DL stint.

11:26 AM - 1 Jun 2014

1 RETWEET ReplyRetweetFavorite

If he is truly rocking, he is just the type of piece that we need to use to acquire some help if we stay in the race. Nice pedigree. Gatorade player of the year too.

You know Bridwell and Hobgood are both at Frederick. Why ask that question? What was your point of asking that question when you know the answer?

I was reminding myself where they are. And why. I am very disappointed that our number one pick (#5) from 2009 is a reliever. In A ball. Really disappointed. Of course I was really disappointed with how Rowell turned out.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks to have become the closer for the Keys.

I don't think so. He just happens to be on a schedule where he piggybacks a start every 3-5 days, pitching 2-3 innings. He doesn't go back to back days, or even every other day. It seems to be scheduled - he's posted on twitter "I'm first one in today". Not the way to really prepare a reliever...

I don't think it could be anymore obvious that they've given up on him.

I know Hobgood is a nice kid and all but just imagine if we had taken Tyler Maztek as Crawdaddy/Stotle (I think) most in the national media and all boards had...

That Hobgood pick was just so unbelievable to me at the time. I would love to have Maztek beating down the door right now. Looking good in CO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know Hobgood is a nice kid and all but just imagine if we had taken Tyler Maztek as Crawdaddy/Stotle (I think) most in the national media and all boards had...

That Hobgood pick was just so unbelievable to me at the time. I would love to have Maztek beating down the door right now. Looking good in CO.

I actually advocated for Zack Wheeler, since Matzek was asking for so much money.

That was who I wanted. He has had a rocky road of it himself.

Of course if the O's had picked Maztek then they wouldn't have been able to go overslot on Coffey and Ohlman.

We'll, they COULD have.

I don't think the funds would have been there. From what we heard AM had to ask for the 800K to sign Givens as it had already been allocated elsewhere.

So within the confines of the budget they were working with it would not have been feasible.

(Theoretically ownership could have increased the draft budget to over 10 million.)

Archived