Schmuck brought up Hosmer and Smoak as potential 1B targets

ChaosLex

I would like to get Smoak. Put him at 1B and leave him there.

LF - McLouth

3B - Machado

RF - Markakis

CF - Jones

DH - Davis

C - Wieters

1B - Smoak

SS - Hardy

2B - Roberts

I like this lineup and it seems like a realistic one. Add a Saunders, Jackson or McCarthy to the rotation and our team will look a lot better than it presently does.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bump. I wanted to bring back the Justin Smoak rumblings because at this point trying to get Hosmer or Butler seems like it won't happen. I'd send Arrieta and Avery for him. I wonder if either club would do that trade.

Why? KC has been linked a quite a few FA ptichers, but has really done nothing to address their need. Tillman for Hosmer is a trade that almost makes too much sense for both sides.

I want no part of Smoak.

No, Trea is anti-Smoak now. LOL
You mean he quit Smoak-ing? Cold turkey?

Jonathan French ‏@JTrea81

Certain #Orioles fans need to get over possible Nick Swisher signing. Look at the stats. Who wouldn't want that production and defense?

4 Dec Jonathan French ‏@JTrea81

Swisher perfect fit for the #Orioles. Power bat, gritty player, good defense and can play OF as well as 1B.

Jonathan French ‏@JTrea81

Certain #Orioles fans need to get over possible Nick Swisher signing. Look at the stats. Who wouldn't want that production and defense?

4 Dec Jonathan French ‏@JTrea81

Swisher perfect fit for the #Orioles. Power bat, gritty player, good defense and can play OF as well as 1B.

He has always been fickle. Flirting from one premium bat to another like a mote of dust on a moonbeam.

Could be a good buy low opportunity on Smoak. Count me in if it's Britton.

You obviously don't have a very high opinion of Britton.

Smoak is not very good. Strikes out alot, hits for a very low average and he doesn't hit alot of bombs. Why would you want him. i'd rather have Reynolds back than smoak.

I will, however, take Hosmer.

I'd love to get Smoak and he seems like the type of guy DD would target. A rebound guy who was once a top prospect who I think needs a change of scenery.

I believe he's always been an above average defender at first so people wouldn't have to lose their **** any more thinking about putting Davis there (although I think he'd prove to be more than capable).

He really shouldn't cost much either.

What would you guys say to Reimold for Smoak? Straight up. Maybe add in a low level pitcher going to Seattle with Nolan if need be.

So I hate to bring Hamilton back in to the discussion ...But Rosenthal says the proposed deal between him and the Mariners is rumored 3 years at $20-$25 million per. I think were crazy not to be involved for that kind of deal. I think the thread that discussed it most said they go 4ish years.

Archived