O's will probably make a trade at the meetings

Going Underground

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some general message board chatter. Read into this as much or as little as you'd like.

O's have reportedly spoken with the Angels about Bourjos and Trumbo.

Also, the O's have reportedly spoken to the Marlins about Morrison and the Cubs about Soriano.

Keep in mind that a) this is just rumors and b) we might just be doing our due diligence.

Bourjos is interesting, but I think he'd lose some of his value in LF here. Trumbo is a right-handed Davis, but I could get behind getting him if there were some other moves made.

Morrison is probably the most interesting name on this list. I have no interest in Soriano.

If the O's sign Greinke, I will eat my own face.

Me too. It is silly season.

I think the linchpin to many of these deals might be Schoop.

I suspect the O's are extremely reluctant to include him in any deal because he's a near-term answer at a position of need and cheap for 6 years. Just by reading various quotes about him from other teams, they all seem to think that his stats from 2012 underrepresent his ability. His value should be very high.

Ill say this for the gigillionith time. Tillman is more important to the Orioles than Eric Hosmer will ever be. If we trade Tillman for Hosmer we will regret it. He just isnt that great a player, and Tillman is on his way to being special. I hope the Orioles dont dare do this.

Last year, the statistical evidence would have indicated the exact opposite. Roy, I am not disagreeing with you per se, but you're no scout. I'll let the experts decide what Hosmer will become as he matures. A lot of people were ready to throw Tillman overboard based on what he did at ages 21-23. Now it looks like they may have been wrong. Folks may be equally wrong about Hosmer now.

Ill say this for the gigillionith time. Tillman is more important to the Orioles than Eric Hosmer will ever be. If we trade Tillman for Hosmer we will regret it. He just isnt that great a player, and Tillman is on his way to being special. I hope the Orioles dont dare do this.

Honestly Roy, why do you believe that 1) Hosmer won't be very good or 2) that Tillman is going to be special?

I admit to not watching a lot of Royals baseball, but Hosmer's sophomore season was clearly unspectacular. However, the guy has been young everywhere he's ever played and has posted some dominating numbers. To me, he's certainly still a candidate to break out. Like Joey Votto break out. Have you heard differently, or are you judging based on a subpar 2012? He'll be 23 for all of this season, barring a long playoff run!

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=1B&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=543333

On Tillman, I'll just say that the guy I watched seems more like the guy that Buck wouldn't start in the playoffs than the inflated special pitcher who's now a message board favorite.

I'd trade Tillman + for Hosmer and I wouldn't blink doing it. The only question is, + what?

More chatter. MFY's have inquired about Headley. Padres want a small nation for him.

They should. There is absolutely no way the O's are getting Headley and I don't know enough about the Yankees farm system to know if they have what it takes. I guess they could always get a third team involved, but I really dont think Headley is going anywhere.

Some general message board chatter. Read into this as much or as little as you'd like.

O's have reportedly spoken with the Angels about Bourjos and Trumbo.

Also, the O's have reportedly spoken to the Marlins about Morrison and the Cubs about Soriano.

Keep in mind that a) this is just rumors and b) we might just be doing our due diligence.

Reported where? Please post a source for these rumors.

Archived