Baltimore being serious players for Dickey

Greg

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is a bit further then I would like to go.

Just trying to have a little fun here.

Yeah, that is just too far to say someone has Moneyball playing on loop. You are heartless, truly heartless. I see I accidently clicked on the wrong thread, I was looking for the one talking about Dickey. Anyone see where it went?:leaving:

To get things back on topic, what exactly are the Blue Jays rumored to be offering? Didn't they pretty much purge their farm system in the Marlins trade?

Well...Heyman's saying D'Arnaud now, which would be a great move for the Mets. If it's Gose and Arencebia...then I don't get it.

Well...Heyman's saying D'Arnaud now, which would be a great move for the Mets. If it's Gose and Arencebia...then I don't get it.

If they're truely hung up on getting "offensive" prospects, I don't thing the Os even have a counter for Gose Arencebia. Like I said earlier, the Os just aren't a good fit.

On an unrelated note, I keep seeing the Padres linked to several FA pitchers. What about revisting the Padres as a trade partner? Maybe one of our young SPs for Matt Clark, their top 1b prospect?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=clark-002mat

If they're truely hung up on getting "offensive" prospects, I don't thing the Os even have a counter for Gose Arencebia. Like I said earlier, the Os just aren't a good fit.

On an unrelated note, I keep seeing the Padres linked to several FA pitchers. What about revisting the Padres as a trade partner? Maybe one of our young SPs for Matt Clark, their top 1b prospect?

Matt Clark isn't young and his last two years were at Tuscon in the PCL. An OPS less than 1.000 there isn't worth discussing. We'd have been better off with one of the Rule 5 first basemen.

He's not a solid major leaguer. We debated him at length the year he was drafted.

If he said "80ish" that would have been fine. I could maybe see that if a couple of major catastrophes hit the team. But 70 wins after winning 93 games and improving the offense, and without any major departures? That's being rather melodramatic, don't you think?

I think your sippin the Kool Aid .... The Orioles had a dream season with the one run games and stuff. No chance that it happens again. I dont see how you can possibly say they have improved the offense. They've dumped Reynolds who I agree had a down season ..But carried the team for a while during the last 5 weeks. Your idea of replacing him with junk like Betemit/ and whatever platoon you can dream upp of the spare parts that have been added. As was stated earlier those guys will be needed and have to play other than the perfect split you envisioned due to injuries. Not trying to be a jerk to you ...But again I think you're giving the penny pincher and his band of merry men too much credit.

Archived