Article that explains the off season (problems)

MemorialStadKid

This guy is funny. He is "angry" at me because I couldn't fulfill a bet that he had nothing to do with. He just needs something to be upset about. My personal security and safety were much, much more important to me than a bet I made with some anonymous person I'll never meet about other anonymous posters I'll never meet.

I was supposed to find quotes of people who wanted to stand pat (as we're doing now) and I did. But before I could compile it into a post, my apartment burned down. I have pics of the fire, etc. Yet, I am a "liar." I've never seen such awful human beings in my life.

A guy has a fire and you call him a liar. That rhymes.

MSK

I did not know you had a fire or if I did I forgot about it. For either I am truly sorry as I am that you had that devastation to your life.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why did you post as Bilbo Baggins a few years ago? A moderator confirmed that was you, due to the IP address being the same as the one for MemorialStarKid. I bare you no ill will (hell, I'm just as annoyed that we haven't done much this offseason), but I think it's things like that that annoy some of the posters on here. Just my opinion.

That is a bannable offense. I either did not know about that or had forgotten. Modereators however are permitted to make exceptions if they choose.

That is a bannable offense. I either did not know about that or had forgotten. Modereators however are permitted to make exceptions if they choose.

Mike, that was before you became a moderator. Bilbo was banned by either McLovin or PaulFolk, IIRC.

It was actually kinda funny because one of his last posts was something like "I'm not MSK but I know of him and I think he's one of the more knowledgeable posters on this site." Next thing you know his profile shows he's been released and the mod that banned him is quoting him, saying "Well, that's funny because you both have the same IP address. Let's try to keep to one profile, okay?"

I'm paraphrasing but that was the gist. ;):D

I tried to rep you for this post Weams. I agree with every word of it; however, one of your fellow mods does not, and recently gave me an infraction for calling MSK a troll.

You are a big boy and a heroic sort in real life. You can take it. ;)

Mike, that was before you became a moderator. Bilbo was banned by either McLovin or PaulFolk, IIRC.

It was actually kinda funny because one of his last posts was something like "I'm not MSK but I know of him and I think he's one of the more knowledgeable posters on this site." Next thing you know his profile shows he's been released and the mod that banned him is quoting him, saying "Well, that's funny because you both have the same IP address. Let's try to keep to one profile, okay?"

I thought Bilbo was a Hobbit not a Troll. ;)

That was a funny thread:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/117829-FWIW-Fielder-Rumblings/page36

Okay, Hamilton at 5/125. Of course, we would have had to top that, so let's say 5/135. By the way, 5/125 was already a poor (some say desperation...hmm!) deal for Hamilton.

Now what? Hamilton's a big upgrade in LF. Our payroll is definitely maxed now, though. What's next?

We weren't going to pay Hamilton anywhere near that kind of money. MAYBE (I doubt it personally) it's possible PA told DD to get on Hamilton if he perceived that he might go low. That didn't happen obviously and anyone with half a brain knew Hamilton wasn't going to be obtained by us at anywhere near that contract. Any time MSK ventures beyond his standard "PA should spend more money and the PA apologists on OH are too dumb to understand it" schtick, he's pretty much excoriated on anything resembling his ridiculous and incoherent baseball analysis (i.e. Reimold and Tillman for an unnamed TOR starter).

He therefore sticks to what is safe...trolling...and he is most certainly an exceptional troll imo. Like someone else said, it's like trying to nail jello to a wall with this guy. I suppose I'll receive an infraction for that .....whatever.

PA should spend more money. PA should spend more money ...... Blah, blah, blah. Endless, neverending, mind numbing dribble. Ain't happening.

I'll give MSK a bit of a break here as this is his thread. At least he took the initiative to quote something (stuff/opinions we already know).

Geez, I'm ready to fast forward to April.

The funny part is, so many get onto MSK, yet they continue to converse with him (mostly attacks). If you have an issue with his posts, why not block him? That alone almost validates his opinion that some posters sole purpose is to attack him.

He has his opinions, and others have theirs. It does seem that the folks that are happy with this offseason, resort to personal shots more often. Thats where a lot of the problems stem. Why take someones opinion to heart that much? I doubt MSK is a troll. He's a paying member of the board. Why would a person pay to endure the bashing he takes if he wasnt a true fan? Maybe he wants the owner to finally show the fans that stuck around that he actually cares as much as they do. It's not such an outlandish idea.

Maybe he wants the owner to finally show the fans that stuck around that he actually cares as much as they do. It's not such an outlandish idea.

Everyone wants that. What good does it do to continually whine and cry about things you can't control. Yeah, I get it to a point. Does anybody go through life with that kind of atttitude. Do you associate with people with that kind of attitude? Is that what OH has come to? A place for crybabies?

He therefore sticks to what is safe...trolling...and he is most certainly an exceptional troll imo. Like someone else said, it's like trying to nail jello to a wall with this guy. I suppose I'll receive an infraction for that .....whatever.

PA should spend more money. PA should spend more money ...... Blah, blah, blah. Endless, neverending, mind numbing dribble. Ain't happening.

I'll give MSK a bit of a break here as this thread. At least he took the initiative to quote something (stuff/opinions we already know).

Geez, I'm ready to fast forward to April.

I've been trying to get back to baseball discussions. You folks are the ones taking it to another level.

And I'm no troll. Repeating it doesn't make it true.

MSK

Everyone wants that. What good does it do to continually whine and cry about things you can't control. Yeah, I get it to a point. Does anybody go through life with that kind of atttitude. Do you associate with people with that kind of attitude? Is that what OH has come to? A place for crybabies?

No, a place for apologists.

MSK

I've been trying to get back to baseball discussions. You folks are the ones taking it to another level.

And I'm no troll. Repeating it doesn't make it true.

MSK

You left this part your quote. Oversight I'm sure.

Any time MSK ventures beyond his standard "PA should spend more money and the PA apologists on OH are too dumb to understand it" schtick, he's pretty much excoriated on anything resembling his ridiculous and incoherent baseball analysis (i.e. Reimold and Tillman for an unnamed TOR starter).

Archived