Proof that Raffy was clean?

Can_of_corn

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=19277

Rafael Palmeiro: An extremely reliable source with no ties to Palmeiro told me an off-the-record story at the Winter Meetings that convinced me that Palmeiro was indeed a clean player and was tricked into using the steroid when he thought he was taking a shot of vitamin B-12 that led to his suspension and end of his career in 2005. Unfortunately, there would be too many legal ramifications to make the story public.

I don't believe it but figured it was worth throwing out there.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about the wording on this. Does he mean by no ties that he doesnt have a relationship with him? Would he have the relationship with the person that tricked him into taking steriods? If someone gave someone a substance that they thought was something else, wouldnt they have a legal ramification against said doctor or trainer?

Not sure about the wording on this. Does he mean by no ties that he doesnt have a relationship with him? Would he have the relationship with the person that tricked him into taking steriods? If someone gave someone a substance that they thought was something else, wouldnt they have a legal ramification against said doctor or trainer?

The source has no ties with Raffy.

Ladies and gentlemen of the Orioles Hangout, I'm just a caveman. I fell in some ice and later got thawed out by your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me. When I see tall buildings and flashing neon signs sometimes I just wanna get away as fast as I can, to my place in Martha's Vineyard. I'm more at home hunting the Woolly Mammoth that I am hunting a good interior decorator. And when I see a solar eclipse like the one I went to last year in Hawaii, I think, 'Oh no! Is the moon eating the sun?!' I don't know! Because I'm a caveman, that's the way I think... but there is one thing i do know. When someone says that there is proof that Rafael Palmeiro was clean, they are going to need to provide more than third hand, anecdotal, evidence that they are not willing to share. Thank you.

I can not imagine the toll playing pro sports takes on a body, but as much as I like Raffy, this is still no excuse. Players know what the ramifications are for failed drug tests, and should investigate their supplements a little better than this. Especially considering the era. At that time you really could not trust anybody to give you something to take without worrying about what was in it. That being said if he is "innocent " hopefully the person with the info will come forward.

Archived