HHP: Reporting from Fanfest

Frobby

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Valencia: I was traded to Boston in August and it was and you know how that was, it was an unbelievable mess. I'm really glad I'm here. Duquette called me while I was on my honeymoon and I said "Thank God...I'm really relieved".

I was traded while the Twins were in Boston so I just went from one clubhouses to the other. A lot of players said, dude, you're in the wrong place.". And I thought, "well, I'd love to go back, but I'm pretty sure I was traded."

Nice. Valencia went up in my book.

Great stuff Frobby. Thanks for reporting.

Any talk of Earl?

A lot. They have his number hanging on the stage, and his jersey on display up there. They have shown the video they used at his statue game at least three times. They had a moment of silence before the opening forum and a number of questions. Dan mentioned that people think sabermetrics started with Moneyball but it really started with Earl Weaver.

A lot. They have his number hanging on the stage, and his jersey on display up there. They have shown the video they used at his statue game at least three times. They had a moment of silence before the opening forum and a number of questions. Dan mentioned that people think sabermetrics started with Moneyball but it really started with Earl Weaver.

Brought tears to my eyes - thanks for this and all the reporting Frobby and others!

Any BRob sightings - any pix yet?

Famished in FL

BRob looks good and happy. He made a point of thanking the fans for their love and support which made it much easier to keep working through all his struggles. He's doing everything he normally would do in January, maybe more, and unlike most veterans he'd love to play every day in spring training because he's so anxious to be on the field. Expects to be aggressive on the bases, he wasn't in sync enough to do it last year coming in during the season, but with a full spring training wants to play his regular game. He looked goood, hard to tell if he had put on a few pounds of muscle or not.

Archived