HHP: Reporting from Fanfest

Frobby

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Me (and I guess others like Weams said). It's really just a matter of having the time on your hands to go through all the details.

Weams has it in this article on the front page.

I told Dan (and the crowd) that you did the calculation. He gave no indication that it was inacurate.

Frobby: maybe I misunderstood. But I don't think so. I understood his response to be that he could spend 100 million.

I told Dan (and the crowd) that you did the calculation. He gave no indication that it was inacurate.

Frobby: maybe I misunderstood. But I don't think so. I understood his response to be that he could spend 100 million.

I wouldn't read too much into a non response.

McLouth on getting carried around by Chris Davis: if you look closely, one of his hands is grabbing my butt.

Angel: Do we really want to be discussing this?

McLouth: Yeah, I guess that's for a different forum.

On the foul call on the near homer in Game 5 of the playoffs: "I've watched it a lot and, unfortunately, I think they got it right.....but I still count it in my mind!

I suspected that this was the case. Otherwise, why would we have talked to Swisher or discussed trades for Upton and Dickey? The money is there if DD sees something he wants to spend it on.
Well if it'd true we are at 91 M after arb, then the 7.5 M we would have payed Reynolds is what we would have to spend.

Well if it'd true we are at 91 M after arb, then the 7.5 M we would have payed Reynolds is what we would have to spend.

Not necessarily. He said "beyond $100 million." If we had traded for Upton or signed Swisher, and signed Saunders, it would be around $110 million. Saunders will probably cost $7 or 8 million, and that would put us just shy of $100 million. Butler or Willingham would've probably done the same.

Dan Duquette just told me that he had been allocated resources beyond 100 million dollars if needed.

Sorry but I don't believe it. He basically cut Reynolds and didn't come up with a replacement. And he wants us to believe the team is better itch his scrap heap additions.

Archived