HHP: Reporting from Fanfest

Frobby

Pedro Strop: "My arm wasn't tired. It was just a bump in the road and it's in the past. I was proud of my teamates who picked me up."

Darren O'Day: "When you are stil throwing 98,99 your isn't tired. I wish my arm would get tired like that."

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dylan Bundy looks almost as strong as Chris Davis. Trayvon Robinson looks like a real combo of strength and speed and Valencia looks really athletic, too.

Bundy is so muscular it looks like he has a steroid IV running at all times. I really feel bad for the first idiot who decides to charge the mound on him. They'll have to play the game with one of those chalk outlines of a body on the grass in front of the mound after they remove what's left of that idiot.

Matusz has been told he'll have an opportunity to start this spring, but just wants to be one of the 12. He has been working with Brady again this winter along with Tillman, Chen, Britton and Gonzalez.

O'Day says he enjoyed this year more than the two World Series with Texas because "we did all that work.". Strop agrees: "when you built the house, it's better than when you buy the house".

Dan and Buck are back. Thorne asks what do you think about the rest of the AL East. Buck: they are making moves because they know they need to improve and the Orioles are a force. I don't spend a lot of time coveting other teams players. I'll try make our players the best they can be and I will live with the consequences.

Dan: we have a lot of hitters who are as good as what we could have gotten in a trade.

Buck: I'm telling the minor league guys, we need to be able to assume that when a guy comes through our system, they can defend. You may get to Bowie, but you aren't getting to Baltimore if you can't catch the ball. Ability to defend allows me to give a player time to learn the offensive side of the game.

We look at lots of things the players can do 90 feet at a time, offensively and defensively, that don't show up in stats. A computer would say the best hitter should bat first, second best hitter second, etc. but the game wasn't played on a computer.

that is good news. I can't stand watching bad fielders. That and guys who strike out all the time.

Sorry but I don't believe it. He basically cut Reynolds and didn't come up with a replacement. And he wants us to believe the team is better itch his scrap heap additions.

Reynolds is an awful player. Replacement level at best. that is why he is gone. If he could contribute to making the team better he would be here. It has nothing to do with money. He wasn't wanted at any price. Addition by subtraction

Goodness you really are something.
Quality contribution Tx:rolleyes: there is no way this team is better. If you want to drink the koolaid fine. Dont expect me to do the same. Im not buying that DD has the resources to improvement the club... but instead chose dumster diving. The Orioles wont finish. 500 this year. Dropping Reynolds after a bad year was fine if you had a replacement lined up. But DD thought

e could get bat for trash. But hes resorted to dumster diving for injury plagued players and independent league signees. You guys will say they found Gonzalez that way. But you can't expect to catch last lighting over and over.

Quality contribution Tx:rolleyes: there is no way this team is better. If you want to drink the koolaid fine. Dont expect me to do the same. Im not buying that DD has the resources to improvement the club... but instead chose dumster diving. The Orioles wont finish. 500 this year. Dropping Reynolds after a bad year was fine if you had a replacement lined up. But DD thought

e could get bat for trash. But hes resorted to dumster diving for injury plagued players and independent league signees. You guys will say they found Gonzalez that way. But you can't expect to catch last lighting over and over.

Fine. But what is the point of repeating what you have said in a dozen other threads, in this one, which has been filled with actual quotes, information, and interesting notes from Fanfest? Why not just leave this thread so that we can continue to hear things that are seen and said there, and continue your arguments ad nauseum IN ANOTHER THREAD?

Fine. But what is the point of repeating what you have said in a dozen other threads, in this one, which has been filled with actual quotes, information, and interesting notes from Fanfest? Why not just leave this thread so that we can continue to hear things that are seen and said there, and continue your arguments ad nauseum IN ANOTHER THREAD?

Go back and read my original post... i said i don't believe DD when he says he has 100 + million and the resources. I got the smart ass reply from TX above...lastly I have the right to post my opinion here. If you dont want to read it then dont.

Go back and read my original post... i said i don't believe DD when he says he has 100 + million and the resources. I got the smart ass reply from TX above...lastly I have the right to post my opinion here. If you dont want to read it then dont.

I never understood the whole I have the right to post my opinion argument. Of course you do, and everyone else has the right to criticize it when it's posted over and over.

Also, it's spelled dumpster.

Take your negativity to some other thread, man. You are groan-worthy. Seriously. What a ridiculous post.

Its not ridiculous Dan! Go back and read my 1st post. There is no reason to believe DD at this point. His cheapness is just more of the same from Angelo's GMs. A GM who signed for Manny R in the past and traded and extended Pedro has accomplished nothing more than dumpster diving. You can be all pumped about rah rah fest if you want. Neg repping me doesnt make you right.

I never understood the whole I have the right to post my opinion argument. Of course you do, and everyone else has the right to criticize it when it's posted over and over.

Also, it's spelled dumpster.

No surprise that your piling on. Very typical of your behavior here. I commented on not believing DD that he has available resources to go over 100MM.

To piggyback on what Frobby reported earlier, when Buck was talking about the overhead view camera that was installed to see what everyone was doing when they were running the bases and fielding, Buck said that it was something that Mr. Angelos allowed to be installed, which means it was Buck who asked for it to be installed. Really? It wasn't until a couple of years ago that the O's were interested in seeing what the players were really doing when fielding and running the bases? That's crazy.

Chris Davis walked past me - he is really tall. He has to be 6'5" or 6'6" at least. Then Tommy Hunter walked past me. He's a beast. Not as tall as Chris Davis, but WAY wider - he was wide like a professional bodybuilder. Also nice, signing autographs for kids when he was told there was no time for him to do so.

Dylan Bundy looks a lot like Matt Wieters, only shorter. I missed having my picture taken with him by two people in the line. I ended up having my picture taken with Chris Hoiles and Mike Devereaux. I asked Chris Hoiles what his favorite park was to hit in was, and he said Camden Yards.

BRob and Arrietta are both sporting full beards. Arrietta says he has never thrown a fork ball, and so really doesn't know how to throw one. He asked Dave Johnson, who then showed that he did know how to throw a fork ball. Jake also said that his fastball is his best pitch. BRob is still a fan favorite. After he got out of the line for picture taking (which was very long) he walked past some teenaged girls who shouted at him to take a picture with them. He said yes and walked over to them, and they shrieked, and one started crying. Apparently he still has the hearts and minds of the fans.

At the giveaways line they were giving Frank Robinson statues, Postseason scorecards, Orioles magazines and W.B. Mason/Orioles toy 16-wheeler truck models. I got two Frank Robinson statues to go along with the one I got for attending that game.

I met a guy who is an O's fan from North Carolina. I told him to follow the O's via Orioles Hangout.

I did the stadium tour again this year. The stadium guy said that he has been working the tour for seven years and that this is the first time there was a line to get in. They had visitors exit the field through the Umpire tunnel. I went through there and didn't see any place for the replay camera, so I asked where it was. The guy told me the Umps have to walk to the auxillary control room to see the replays. I paced it out, and it is 60+ paces from the edge of the warning track to the door of the auxillary control room. No wonder it takes so long for these guys to provide a decision - that's a long way to walk back and forth while everyone is standing around to hear if there's been a homerun or not.

Archived