Dbacks and Braves agree to Upton deal

Going Underground

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha! I was going to throw "blah blah veteran leadership blah blah" in there but didn't actually think that they could possibly be so banal.

Yeah, the only thing missing was clutch, RBI's and chemistry. I actually couldn't watch the entire 3+ minutes, so maybe I missed it.

I agree. It is MSK up to his old schtick of adding nothing to a conversation.

Really? I buried the hatchet with most people over minor squabbling.

I purposely avoided mentioning the ownership, which is why I stated that I wouldn't mention ownership issues and stick to things we CAN do like trades.

MSK

Yeah, the only thing missing was clutch, RBI's and chemistry. I actually couldn't watch the entire 3+ minutes, so maybe I missed it.

Oh, so now you guys hate the MLB Network? I can understand BBTN on ESPN, but MLBN has been stellar overall in their analysis and coverage of the Orioles compared to every other sports channel out there.

If you don't watch the analysis, how can you be so certain that you won't agree?

MSK

Oh, so now you guys hate the MLB Network? I can understand BBTN on ESPN, but MLBN has been stellar overall in their analysis and coverage of the Orioles compared to every other sports channel out there.

If you don't watch the analysis, how can you be so certain that you won't agree?

MSK

Some analysts are better than others. They have gotten better, but most are poor. The Kubel piece (I did watch most of the clip) is an example of poor analytics.

Then answer how Kubel makes the team better?

The Orioles can use an improvement at DH and LF. DD and Buck have been looking for a MOO bat, they've said it many times and Kubel could be a part of that order.

Kubel is a good #6, 30HRs, and OPACY is a hitter's park for left-handed hitters. Why not improve when we have the opportunity?

That short porch out there would be perfect, light levels of protection for AJ and Matt. And a guy who won't cause waves in the clubhouse.

Slugging % over .500 last year. You're not giving up too much in prospects vs. Upton.

MSK

Really? I buried the hatchet with most people over minor squabbling.

I purposely avoided mentioning the ownership, which is why I stated that I wouldn't mention ownership issues and stick to things we CAN do like trades.

MSK

With all due respect, you are the one who starts the minor squabbling.

And by saying..."I'm not getting into ownership..." you are directly referencing that your opinion is that ownership is what is holding back DD. Its like saying..."Not for nutthing, but you are one ugly sumbeach!"

MSK

It would appear that in this case at least, they're simply passing off platitudes as "analysis." Analysis would be talking about his sharp home/away and RHP/LHP splits, his defensive limitations, what(if anything) he adds that Betemit doesn't, and why we should give up anything of value for him.

The Orioles can use an improvement at DH and LF. DD and Buck have been looking for a MOO bat, they've said it many times and Kubel could be a part of that order.

Kubel is a good #6, 30HRs, and OPACY is a hitter's park for left-handed hitters. Why not improve when we have the opportunity?

That short porch out there would be perfect, light levels of protection for AJ and Matt. And a guy who won't cause waves in the clubhouse.

Slugging % over .500 last year. You're not giving up too much in prospects vs. Upton.

MSK

I hear your opinion. I am of the opinion that Reimold matches those numbers for cheaper and we're not losing any players.

It would appear that in this case at least, they're simply passing off platitudes as "analysis." Analysis would be talking about his sharp home/away and RHP/LHP splits, his defensive limitations, what(if anything) he adds that Betemit doesn't, and why we should give up anything of value for him.

Yep, but platitudes win the day for some posters I guess. If it was a simple choice between replacing Kubel over Betemit (primarily as DH), I could understand the case for Kubel providing a marginal advantage. Unfortunately, it's not that simple.

I hear your opinion. I am of the opinion that Reimold matches those numbers for cheaper and we're not losing any players.

I LIKE Reimold, I just don't know if he can stay healthy for the entire season.

I'm a little tired of always saying "if" when it comes to the Orioles. Just for once, I'd like a sure thing out of the gate.

MSK

Archived