Spring Update: Roberts proving he's the everyday secondbaseman

Tony-OH

I've been impressed from the very first ST pics I saw of him. But you tell yourself it was just a good angle, a good picture. But every picture this spring he has looked buff! Bulging even. It's early but Brian's off to a fine start! :)
Maybe we should get this guy to play 2B I bet he could really hit.

biggest-biceps.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they have the same trainer.

For those who have seen BRob, how does he look? I imagine it's hard to look bad when you're putting up the numbers he has so far. Is he yoking in batting practice? Does he look fluid in the field? As others have said, if Roberts is back, it changes a lot of things with this team.

I was very skeptical and still am. It's incredibly early. BUT...I will very, very happily eat crow pie. I have always been a fan of Roberts. If he has a good year, then it should be a huge story in MLB and a giant boost for the O's.

I was very skeptical and still am. It's incredibly early. BUT...I will very, very happily eat crow pie. I have always been a fan of Roberts. If he has a good year, then it should be a huge story in MLB and a giant boost for the O's.

About the same way I feel. Still skeptical and this is the first two weeks of ST but I'm glad to see that he's doing well.

Perhaps a bit sentimental here, but considering all of those great years that BRob put up on horrible Oriole teams, I can only imagine what it would mean to him to put in a highly productive season on a competitive team.

Perhaps a bit sentimental here, but considering all of those great years that BRob put up on horrible Oriole teams, I can only imagine what it would mean to him to put in a highly productive season on a competitive team.

Agreed. Dude spent quite a career toiling away for awful teams and had to watch last year from the bench. It'd be great to see him playing meaningful baseball in September and put up quite a year.

Seems to be a fair amount of people who thought Roberts was toast who are ready to admit they may have been premature with that assessment.

He has looked good. Better than I could have thought possible. Has not turned the double plays though. I am cautiously optimistic, and I am not a believer.

Maybe they have the same trainer.

For those who have seen BRob, how does he look? I imagine it's hard to look bad when you're putting up the numbers he has so far. Is he yoking in batting practice? Does he look fluid in the field? As others have said, if Roberts is back, it changes a lot of things with this team.

His bat looks quick. Looks like old BRob. Shocking. The field, he has made the plays. His arm is not strong. And he does not appear to be in a position at the base on second in a double play where he could get hurt.

Isn't the question more about his brain than his brawn, though? Or did he really put all that concussion stuff behind him? That's the aspect of his injury history that freaks me out the most. And that's why I just wonder how long he'll last, even if he does play. Of course, I too would love to see B. Rob be B. Rob... I'm just withholding judgement for the time being.

And I have to be honest. The steroids thought crossed my mind. I ain't saying he's on the juice. But the thought floated into my mind when I was looking at the pics - especially the forearms. Brian is an admitted former steroid user. It's not an insane or even unfair observation to make. I am not saying that I think he's using. I actually have a hard time believing he would be that absolutely stupid.

Archived