Showalter Likes What He Sees in T.J. McFarland

OFFNY

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TJ better than Zach? He's only 23. Both lefty sinker guys. I bet we don't let him go. If Arrieta makes the rotation, Matusz can throw later in the game better than Patton and McFarland is the long guy. Hunter could be a casualty, if the club goes this way. I'd rather Ayala maybe go than Hunter. I don't know.

Strop came over in the Mike Gonzalez trade. And a pitcher with the K-caliber of David Hernandez would never be a waiver claim.

Your missing what I'm getting at. All I'm saying is that we had David Hernandez under control long term and he's turned into a very dominant reliever. We have seen what Tommy Hunter can bring to the table in the bullpen. I would like to see a full year of it instead of moving him like we did with Hernandez.

I never did like giving him up for Reynolds.

David Hernandez is a very nice pitcher. He is also owed 3.65 million dollars over the next two years. It wasn't like he was a league minimum guy.

Typical Florida day. High sky, wind. He had some movement on pitches, at least one generous 3rd strike call. However, when he missed his spot he got hit unlike someone that throws in the 90's can get away with it sometimes. Like BM more as a starter more. BS and DD will work it out.

Dont like his line but I didnt see him pitch. Still perplexed why the Orioles are so crazy about him.They have plenty of arms and Matusz is going back

to the pen.They know more than I do .

He pitched better than his line. Threw a couple of really nice changes. :noidea: In Buck We Trust.

I watched and I thought he looked pretty good. Roberts muffed a relay, didn't get to a ball another 2B might have, Manny didn't make a play he should have, and the wind didn't help him. One ball up that got crushed. Other wise he looked better than Matusz did the other day against RH bats, and vey good against LH bats.

Archived