All purpose NCAA tourney bid thread

Max Power

I love when you delusional ACC fans start throwing out statements like that. They may have been the best for the past 20 years (although you included 23) but it isnt by that much. The ACC has always been extremely top heavy with only 4 teams having multiple appearances in the final four. And next year, the Big East will take over as the best conference. The ACC and BE have been back and forth the past couple years but adding Louisville, Marquette, and Cincinatti will give the Big East the edge.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love when you delusional ACC fans start throwing out statements like that. They may have been the best for the past 20 years (although you included 23) but it isnt by that much. The ACC has always been extremely top heavy with only 4 teams having multiple appearances in the final four. And next year, the Big East will take over as the best conference. The ACC and BE have been back and forth the past couple years but adding Louisville, Marquette, and Cincinatti will give the Big East the edge.

Delusional? With all due respect Max, a fact is a fact, they have been and will continue to be the best. Only four teams would be 5 if I went back 25 years with UVA (1981, 84), but whatever. I completely respect the Big East considering it didnt exist when I was born, but please dont say the Big East is any better than the ACC. The Big East wouldnt have to add anyone if three of their teams hadnt defected....to the ACC.

That would be a great point, if we were talking about football. VT and Miami were doormats in the Big East and didnt mean anything to basketaball besides the couple Darius Rice/Salmons years at Miami or VT's work in the NIT. While losing the three schools hurt the conference it is because of the football implications. Are you going to say that the Big East with UConn, Syracuse, Pitt, Notre Dame, Villanova wasnt close to the ACC? I agree that they werent as good this year and most of the past 20 years but that was before adding Louisville, Depaul, Marquette, and Cincinatti.

Look at the top 12:

UConn

Louisville

Syracuse

Pitt

Cincinatti

Villanova

Depaul

Georgetown

Notre Dame

West Virginia

Marquette

Providence or Seton Hall

Duke and UNC are with UConn for elite programs but the Big East has 7 or 8 second tier teams where as the ACC has 4 (GT, Wake, Md, NC St).

That would be a great point, if we were talking about football. VT and Miami were doormats in the Big East and didnt mean anything to basketaball besides the couple Darius Rice/Salmons years at Miami or VT's work in the NIT. While losing the three schools hurt the conference it is because of the football implications. Are you going to say that the Big East with UConn, Syracuse, Pitt, Notre Dame, Villanova wasnt close to the ACC? I agree that they werent as good this year and most of the past 20 years but that was before adding Louisville, Depaul, Marquette, and Cincinatti.

Look at the top 12:

UConn

Louisville

Syracuse

Pitt

Cincinatti

Villanova

Depaul

Georgetown

Notre Dame

West Virginia

Marquette

Providence or Seton Hall

Duke and UNC are with UConn for elite programs but the Big East has 7 or 8 second tier teams where as the ACC has 4 (GT, Wake, Md, NC St).

Obviously, Miami and VT were added for football, as was FSU of course in 1991. Looking at the conference next year, I would agree that the Big East top to bottom will be stronger. I guess I got hung up on your "delusional ACC Fans" line. My whole point was that historically the ACC has been a stronger Hoops conference, which you agreed with anyway. With teams like Villanova, West Vriginia, and of Course UCONN, plus the new teams, the Big East will certainly be loaded next year.

I've been gone for a few days visiting family, it also appears that SG has been gone too. Well at least from the college b-ball forum. :D Duke goes down just like I said they would! Except I had the wrong team beating them, same round though.

SG, I told you Duke was vulnerable and basically a 3 man team that needed all 3 to be on top of their games to win, so now I'm gloating. Sorry, just had to do it.

Archived