Don't Tell Me These O's Ain't Got No Heart

OFFNY

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2017 at 1:03 AM, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. WHITE SOX, 6/14)

The Orioles overcame a 5-1 deficit to defeat the White Sox by a score of 10-6.

Now if they can get some decent starting pitching in addition to the heart, they might fare better.

o

o

Now they are starting to get some decent starting pitching, in addition to the heart.

o

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

o

(vs. MARINERS, 8/30)

The Orioles caught a really bad break when a potential inning-ending double play ball in the 3rd inning hit 2nd base, and bounced away from the Orioles' middle infielders. That allowed 2 runs to score for the Mariners.

Compounding that bad break was the fact that the Mariners added 4 addition runs in the inning, including 2 on a routine pop-fly that Tim Beckham did not secure.

Did the Orioles then quit, and settle for winning 2 out of 3 games in this pivotal series with another Wildcard contender ??? They did not. Miguel Castro kept of pitching, the Orioles' offense kept on swinging, and the Birds came away with an 8-7 comeback victory.

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

o

(vs. YANKEES, 9/17)

After getting absolutely throttled by the Yankees in the first 3 games of their 4-game series by a cumulative score of 30-10, some presumed that the Orioles would meekly drop the 4th game against the playoff-bound Yankees at their home stadium in the Bronx.

Nix.

Ubaldo Jimenez threw 5 innings of 1-run ball on 100 pitches, and the Birdies prevailed by a score of 6-4 to salvage the final regular-season game of the 2017 season against the New Yorkers.

o

• 6 months later...
On 5/10/2013 at 11:51 PM, OFFNY said:

o

Down by a score of 6-0, they come back to win in 10 innings, 9-6.

o

(vs. YANKEES, 4/06)

Don't tell me these O's ain't got no heart ........ you just gotta poke around.

o

53 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

That is awesome!    Once I was playing softball and hit a grand slam, and after I crossed the plate my young daughter ran up jumped in my arms and exclaimed “you’re the best daddy in the whole world!!!”     I could have died right then and there.