Assault at Orioles game sends man to intensive care

Going Underground

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obviously you have to be law enforcement, as a CCW in Maryland for the rest of us is near impossible.

I work and spend a lot of time down in the city and would love to be able to carry my piece on my person. But, no sir, not in Maryland. In Maryland, and down in the city, the only people that don't get to carry a gun are us tax payers.

This is not directed at you, by the way. I'm glad that even off-duty, you guys are packing, because it's a (drug) war zone down here.

Edited: I don't want to get into politics, my bad.

Obviously you have to be law enforcement, as a CCW in Maryland for the rest of us is near impossible.

I work and spend a lot of time down in the city and would love to be able to carry my piece on my person. But, no sir, not in Maryland. In Maryland, and down in the city, the only people that don't get to carry a gun are us tax payers.

This is not directed at you, by the way. I'm glad that even off-duty, you guys are packing, because it's a (drug) war zone down here.

Please don't turn this thread into a gun control debate. There's a rule against political debates on this board, and I promise you, there are plenty of posters who woud take strong issue with your opinion on this.

I don't know what you're disagreeing with. I never said they should get physically involved. Pay attention. I They apparently didn't call or talk to anyone.

I see. Then I agree if that is the case. Sorry.

Please don't turn this thread into a gun control debate. There's a rule against political debates on this board, and I promise you, there are plenty of posters who woud take strong issue with your opinion on this.

Yeah, this really has nothing to do with the second amendment. It is about a kid who got seriously hurt because of some people who have no respect for others. I am sure Malike wasnt trying to turn it into anything of the sort(and yes I do realize you werent quoting him).

Move to Virginia. It's legal to open carry. You can walk around with a gun in your holster like the wild west.

Yeah, this really has nothing to do with the second amendment. It is about a kid who got seriously hurt because of some people who have no respect for others. I am sure Malike wasnt trying to turn it into anything of the sort.

Certainly wasn't my intention. If it spurred that, then I apologize.

I haven't followed the Dodger Stadium incident in awhile, but one of the issues was that the stadium authorities were less than forthcoming (i.e. dishonest) about misleading the public and lawyers with statistical data related to violence and safety at the stadium. Seems like fertile ground for some potentially big lawsuits to me. I've been lambasted as a prude on this before, but here goes: I don't think think the stadium is an appropriate venue to sell alcohol. If they're going to do it then they better have pretty tight procedures and polices ..... and be ready to face the litigation. Personally, I would just get rid of it and screen the ingress more aggressively.

Apologies to the site for violating the rules and to Malike for the hassle my comments caused him. Can I blame it on the heat? Because this is my brain on heat.

Sure. Makes sense. Sure is hot. Weather is a good subject.

I haven't followed the Dodger Stadium incident in awhile, but one of the issues was that the stadium authorities were less than forthcoming (i.e. dishonest) about misleading the public and lawyers with statistical data related to violence and safety at the stadium. Seems like fertile ground for some potentially big lawsuits to me. I've been lambasted as a prude on this before, but here goes: I don't think think the stadium is an appropriate venue to sell alcohol. If they're going to do it then they better have pretty tight procedures and polices ..... and be ready to face the litigation. Personally, I would just get rid of it and screen the ingress more aggressively.

These guys aren't getting drunk off $9 beers though. They're hammering shots before the game.

Edit: oh I see you mentioned tighter screening on the entrants.

Archived