6/19: Orioles at Tigers

Don Quixote

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• My thoughts echo a lot of the other ones here.  Middling offense outside of Soto and that Judge will most likely get it going.  Stanton is a shell of his former self but still imposing, he can still get a hold of one every so often I'd imagine but outside of that he's a liability, a completely one dimensional player right now and it's a question of how good that one dimension really is.  Rizzo is kind of whatever, still effective but not a big threat.  Verdugo is pesky and pretty good, I was happy that he wasn't in their lineup for the first three games of the series. Unimpressed with Volpe, both from a defensive perspective and at the plate.  But there's value in a 20/20 guy, I expect he'll do that again this year but the best SS in the AL East plays in Baltimore and it's not particularly close. I am impressed by their bullpen and I wonder how far they'll be able to ride it.  Their starting pitching is whatever but it'll look better once Cole comes back...but still, 3/4 of a season of Cole isn't enough to really make up for where the rest of the team lacks. They're a solid team but I wouldn't call them a great team.  I don't want to get too cocky and say we should win the East but it's certainly tempting to think that way.  There's still a lot of baseball left.  
    • If I posted my true thoughts on the Yankees, I'd be banned for life from this board.
    • Mayo at 3B and Westburg to 2B seems to be a real possibility but I see that it bothers the Holliday fan club.
    • I don't like hearing "Yankees suck" chants at OPACY.  Let the Red Sox fans stoop to that level. Let us win with grace, and allow the MFY fans to lose with dignity as they make the long trek back to Penn Station for the long, sad train ride home. Let's Go O's!
    • I’ll just throw this out there  https://forum.orioleshangout.com/topic/52134-monday-april-29-beat-the-yankees-starring-grayson/page/37/#comment-3123511  
    • Baseball America 10 players to watch in the Florida Complex League. Joshua Liranzo, 3B, Orioles It’s no secret that Baltimore’s system is loaded with prospects, especially at the upper levels. Liranzo, however, might be flying under the radar a little bit. The younger brother of Dodgers prospect Thayron Liranzo stands out for his excellent defense at third base, feel for the game and high baseball IQ. He showed power potential in the DSL last season as well, with six doubles and five home runs. Liranzo’s approach needs work, but he has the upside of a third baseman with skills on both sides of the ball.
  • Popular Contributors