Trade rumors heat up...

Tony-OH

Would everyone agree that with Bedard and Roberts either both have to be traded or both have to stay. To me it makes no sense to trade one and not the other. With that being said, I think the trades have to be on the table and ready for final approval at the same time in order to be sure that there are no duplicate parts coming back. I sure hope we are looking to unload some of the older guys like Millar, Payton, Mora, etc. if we are truly going to rebuild. Thanks and God bless.

I see absolutely zero reason why the trades should be linked. The team needs to look to the future. If they can deal one now for some nice pieces, then do it. You continue looking to deal the other now, or at the deadline. One trade is hard enough to pull off at the ML level. To wait and try to do both at the same time seems absurd to me.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me throw out another option.

Angelos: This looks good, depending on what you get in return from TEAM X

McPhail: Agreed. I am working on an offer right now that would return us player A, B, C and I'm attempting to get player D.

Angelos: If you get player D, I'll approve both trades. I'm more comfortable we'll have a full product to offer the fan base next year

McPhail: Let me see where TEAM X is on our latest offer and I'll get back to you shortly.

While this has some funny components, there allegedly were discussions about sending BRob and Bedard to one team - in such a scenario you can somewhat pick your positions you get in return. However, since the return may not be as great as what you'd get working with 2 teams, they could have gone down the 2 team path.

These are the last 2 significant rebuilding trading chips we have. I'd like to make sure we get them right.

I see absolutely zero reason why the trades should be linked. The team needs to look to the future. If they can deal one now for some nice pieces, then do it. You continue looking to deal the other now, or at the deadline. One trade is hard enough to pull off at the ML level. To wait and try to do both at the same time seems absurd to me.

Agree 100%. Similar to what the Ravens have always done in the NFL Draft. They don't draft for need, they draft for the best available guy. The O's should follow that lead and take quality regardles of whether it causes an overload of Pitching or fielding (highly unlikely). If they need to they can always trade that extra pitching for parts that are needed.

Oh boy. I am only on page 2, but please please please tell me this isn't going to turn into 9 pages of bashing Angelos based on speculation from Bigbird, who has a known dislike for Angelos, (insider or not.)

Why not? Isn't it the favorite thing to do on the Hangout. It's so easy

I'll say what I said earlier. Him vetoing it this late in the process would signify a huge problem in communication. He should be kept up to date on the dealings. And, he should voice his opinions throughout. A deal that he wouldn't have approved of should never have made it to his desk IMO. That's bad business. You waste a lot of time. You more than likely tick off your dealing partner. It just doesn't make sense.

Unless its another ploy by MacPhail. He could say, "hey Hendry, Angelos nixed the deal, and said he'll only agree to it if you take Payton and give us Pie!" Hey, it COULD happen!

Oh boy. I am only on page 2, but please please please tell me this isn't going to turn into 9 pages of bashing Angelos based on speculation from Bigbird, who has a known dislike for Angelos, (insider or not.)

Where have I ever said I dislike Angelos.

2 guys like Sherrill and Jones? Jones can be our CF for years to come. We can let Sherrill close this season, and deal him at the deadline.

Getting a bullpen arm who is not a proven closer as the 2nd player in not the kind of value the O's should be looking for IMO.

WC, using your "standards/criteria" the O's would NEVER be able to trade BRob or Bedard. I say to you..NEVER.

Hmmm.......

Maybe, which you know I think is fine. But if he is traded we would walk away from the deal feeling the O's got a good deal ........which is the way it should be.

So far, my feeling on value are close to what McPhail is holding out for. I did not like the reported Roberts deal with the Cubs and said so. Now it appears McPhail wants more for Roberts also.

I don't feel bad about thinking that Roberts and Bedard are worth a whole lot. And I would hold out to get it or keep them both.

Archived