Morale is probably at a season low right now

calmunderfire

With getting our butts kicked for 3 games in a row by the damn Royals that blows. The pitching has been decent for the past 10 or so games, but overall it's been among league worst.

And a lot of our key contributors on offense are nosediving.

Right now it sucks.

A winning streak is pretty much really needed right now.

Wieters is as hot as he's been all year. Markakis is hitting.

We had a bad series. We just need to bounce back and win the next series.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All I can say is that it is a good thing Buck and the boys don't have the highs and lows that some on this board do. Otherwise, I think we might be in real trouble over the course of 162 games.

I'm sure the morale isn't low for the players, but there are now 59 games left and this team hasn't had a huge streak all year. They are putting pressure on themselves with each loss to have to play at a pace they haven't been able to do at all this year. There is reason for concern. Not panic, but most definitely concern.

These threads confuse the absolute hell out of me. I wish everyone would just calm down.

It all makes sense once you understand that the OP was authored by Cal M. Underfire, where the "M" stands for Melts.

I'm sure the morale isn't low for the players, but there are now 59 games left and this team hasn't had a huge streak all year. They are putting pressure on themselves with each loss to have to play at a pace they haven't been able to do at all this year. There is reason for concern. Not panic, but most definitely concern.

Exactly right. There are only so many opportunities that can be missed before it becomes a problem. We don't want to be a in position where we need someone to collapse at the end of the season in order to get in, and we're starting to get close to that. Jumping over two teams in the division is very very hard.

The way I see it the O's are in position for a great run. Davis, Machado , Jones and Hardy will come out of their slump, Roberts is showing signs of getting back to form and our bullpen is stronger. Morale is not an issue with this team, they have great chemistry and a Manager they love to play for!! Go O's!

Well speaking for myself, morale is at a season low right now.

Why? They were just ball games. Low morale would be if you lose your job and

can't find another one. Sorry but I don't let baseball get into my life that much. I

like baseball and the O's very much. They win good they lose well they will get the win next time. My morale doesn't go down because the O's lose.

The O's were one hitter away from having a potential 5-2 roadtrip IMO and almost all would be happy here. If Buck had pulled Chen rather than have him face Hosmer for the fourth time, it is likely the O's would have won that game. Not close to a low morale situation.

I don't like them having to travel East and playing the next night, but it will be an exciting weekend in Baltimore. Welcome home.

Even though I made a bad comment in the game thread last night, I know this team will be OK. I just went back and looked at the 1983 O's schedule. They were up in the AL East by a half game in early August and were swept in a three game series by an Indians team that was 45-65 at the time.

It happens...

Archived