Morale is probably at a season low right now

calmunderfire

With getting our butts kicked for 3 games in a row by the damn Royals that blows. The pitching has been decent for the past 10 or so games, but overall it's been among league worst.

And a lot of our key contributors on offense are nosediving.

Right now it sucks.

A winning streak is pretty much really needed right now.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whose morale? Yours?

If you really think the Orioles are moping and pouting about a three-game losing streak, you don't know much about them. The Orioles handle adversity much better than some fans.

Well speaking for myself, morale is at a season low right now.

We just had a 5 game win streak, series will be lost from time to time. You really think the players are pouting and hanging their heads? You really think Buck would allow that? Do you know anything about this team other than Machado can't hit a slider and Nick is a below average player?

We just had a 5 game win streak, series will be lost from time to time. You really think the players are pouting and hanging their heads? You really think Buck would allow that? Do you know anything about this team other than Machado can't hit a slider and Nick is a below average player?

Don't be an internet tough guy. That's pathetic.

Look I don't post much on here but this has gotten ridiculous lately. The Royals played much better by than the Rangers did. After the first game nothing went our way and that's frustrating but it happens. I can guarantee that team morale was at a season low during the streak of Johnson blown saves. Certainly not after a 4-3 road trip.

Just a horrible, horrendous, incredibly bad 4-3 road trip. And, they were only 4.5 games out of first at the all-star break and now they're 4 back. Inexcusable. Sell off everybody the season's over :rolleyestf:

With getting our butts kicked for 3 games in a row by the damn Royals that blows. The pitching has been decent for the past 10 or so games, but overall it's been among league worst.

And a lot of our key contributors on offense are nosediving.

Right now it sucks.

A winning streak is pretty much really needed right now.

I doubt it's as low as it was during the Jim Johnson blown save fest.

We just went 4-3 on a road trip.

Now, we did not play well in KC. But there's a bit of overreaction going on.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Yeah, it sort of has to look like that against Abbott.
    • Facing a lefty though, I get it. 
    • Here's the thing about Hyde pulling Irvin with only 75 pitches, according to his comments after the game... In previous games it was mentioned that each reliever is told who they might be facing prior to the game so they could prepare. Hyde said he had the middle of the order coming up and it was the 7th inning. Essentially what he was saying was they were sticking to their script no matter what. And personal conjecture: The last strike thar Irvin threw to strike out his last batter was a cookie right down the middle and it just happened that the batter wasn't looking for a fastball so he froze up. I think that Hyde saw the location of that pitch and it also contributed to his decision. Now it doesn't mean I agree with it because I thought we could have at least preserved Danny Coulombe for tonight's game if we had let Irvin try to get through another inning. He was doing great. But whatever. Hyde knows what he is doing and the victory is all that really matters in the end. Irvin gets a W on his resume and the Orioles gets a team win. There's nothing to be upset about with that.
    • I don’t know how half the people on here watch the games or follow the team between the worrying and negative Nancy’s.  We give up a run early the game is over or as soon as the lineup comes out declaring we just punting this game.  I have learned with baseball more than most sports you never know what will happen.  Your 26th man on the roster might get the huge hit to win the game.  In basketball your 10-13th man on the roster might get a few minutes in garbage time but never really change a game.  
    • Gametime:  6:40 pm Forecast:  70 degrees, change of thunderstorms throughout the evening Matchup:  John Means  (L) vs Andrew Abbott (L) Lineups SS  Gunnar Henderson L DH  Adley Rutschman S 1B  Ryan Mountcastle R RF  Anthony Santander S 3B  Jordan Westburg R 2B  Jorge Mateo R CF  Cedric Mullins L C   James McCann R LF  Ryan McKenna R   2B  Jonathan India R SS  Elly  De La Cruz S LF  Spencer Steer R C   Tyler Stephenson R 1B  Christian Encarnacion-Strand R DH  Jeimer Candelario S 3B  Santiago Espinal R RF  Will Benson L CF  Stuart Fairchild R Orioles Bench Colton Cowser (L) Heston Kjerstad (L) Ryan O'Hearn (L) Ramon Urias (R)   Orioles Bullpen Available Keegan Akin (L)  1.1 IP, 21p Thursday;  0.2 IP, 10P Tuesday   Mike Baumann  (R)  2.0 IP, 24p Wednesday Yennier Cano (R)   0.2 IP, 3p last night Cionel Perez (L)  1.0 IP, 13p Thursday Albert Suarez (R)  4.0 IP, 83p Sunday| Jacob Webb (R)   1.1 IP, 13p Thursday Probably Available Craig Kimbrel  (R)  1.0 IP, 16p last night Not Available Danny Coulombe (L)  1.0 IP, 15p last night;  0.2 IP, 18p Thursday  
    • Your poll is now at 114 - 1. No serious discussion is warranted here.
  • Popular Contributors