Mark Reynolds DFA (UPDATE:Yankees signed him)

TonySoprano

Reynolds - Pickup as Bargain Sale or Pass?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Reynolds - Pickup as Bargain Sale or Pass?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone should apologize to me for all the insults I got for suggesting the Orioles DFA Reynolds last season.

Before you go congratulating yourself, remember a pat on the back is 18 inches away from a kick in the pants!

This year's numbers have absolutely nothing to do with last year.

Everyone should apologize to me for all the insults I got for suggesting the Orioles DFA Reynolds last season.

What? Why? What does last season's reasonably decent performance as a 1B/DH have to do with his extended slump this year? If they'd DFA'd him during his July slump last year I'm seriously doubting any replacement would have duplicated his 15 homers and .850ish OPS down the stretch.

What? Why? What does last season's reasonably decent performance as a 1B/DH have to do with his extended slump this year? If they'd DFA'd him during his July slump last year I'm seriously doubting any replacement would have duplicated his 15 homers and .850ish OPS down the stretch.

Reynolds had an important role in the club last year, but that was last year.

Just wasn't worth the risk of the $11 million dollar option.

The A-Rod hysteria already took care of that.

The Yankees are 0-3 since Alex Rodriguez has come back.

Last night, Mariano Rivera blew a save, and the Yankees blew another lead in the 12th inning when with 2 outs and nobody on base, the White had an infield single, a long-single, and a walk-off, game-winning, 2-run triple.

White Sox ...... White Sox ...... Gooooooooo, White Sox !!!

Last night, Mariano Rivera blew a save, and the Yankees blew another lead in the 12th inning when with 2 outs and nobody on base, the White had an infield single, a long-single, and a walk-off, game-winning, 2-run triple.

OMG, I bet Hawk was going ca-razy!

OMG, I bet Hawk was going ca-razy!

Maybe.

I was watching Michael Kaye and Paul O'Neill call it on the YES network.

I would take a shot at Reynolds.

The 40-man roster is not an issue at all. Stinson, Liddi, Belfiore, and Thames are all expendable. 25-man roster is a little trickier but Urrutia or Flaherty could go down for a few weeks until September 1st.

If Reynolds gets hot for a few weeks, the team is better off for it. If he gets 4 or 5 starts over an 8 or 9 game stretch and does nothing then he is pushed to the bench. The risk is pretty low.

Archived