Mark Reynolds DFA (UPDATE:Yankees signed him)

TonySoprano

Reynolds - Pickup as Bargain Sale or Pass?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Reynolds - Pickup as Bargain Sale or Pass?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Old news.

Betemit’s biggest obstacle mental

There’s still no timetable for the return of designated hitter Wilson Betemit from a Grade 2/3 PCL sprain in his right knee suffered in spring training. But Betemit played in his second minor league rehabilitation game with the Gulf Coast League Orioles on Wednesday, going 0-for-2 with a strikeout.

Showalter said Orioles player development director Brian Graham, down in Sarasota, Fla., to watch other minor leaguers, said that Betemit appeared to still be running tentatively.

“He lost a lot of [muscles], some atrophy from being dormant or whatever with that leg,” Showalter said. “I think it’s kind of like a fawn trying to get your legs back under you. I think that’s where he’s kind of tentative. All of a sudden you’re running around the bases and you hit a double, I think it’s getting through the mental [aspect] more. The last time he ran the bases in a game, it wasn’t good.

“I’d really like to see, just for Wilson the human being, [him] back and feeling good about himself physically before the year is over, regardless of what it means for us.” Showalter added. “He’s been through a lot.”

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-08-07/sports/bal-orioles-pregame-notes-jason-hammel-will-be-challenged-to-make-dl-date-20130807_1_gulf-coast-league-orioles-minor-league-rehab-start-the-orioles

Who do you want off the 25 man and 40 man rosters for him

You can take Urritia off the 25 man for now. I'm sure we have a body we can take off the 40 later. Crapshoot with Reynolds for sure, but I think we're going to have to roll some 7's here pretty soon.

You just don't need 3 second basemen.

If his sole purpose right now is to be a possible def sub / PR.... once rosters expand they can get that from anyone they bring up.

You are right, however Alexi is not the one that should be going. That one is not going anywhere.

Why is it, we spend the season, complaining about our own hitters and who we should DFA and unload.

Yet, when other teams unload their trash...... :)

We all know the Orioles were going to pick up a bat between after the deadline and the roster expansion.

It may not be Reynolds, but the Orioles will get a bat.

Archived