The Magic is Gone ("Perspective" thread merge)

Dipper9

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While some naysayers are over the top, I think it's unfair to paint ALL the folks that think it's over in the same light. The team has flaws. Things are drastically different then they were in 2012. Time IS running out to make a move. And so on.

I'm not calling it over, I'm just trying to note that it's entirely fair to look at the current state of affairs and waver in your faith in the O's.

I guess that sports fans are just negative in general. My point is that EACH GAME stands alone and CAN be enjoyed on its own merits.Why does a trend have to be spotted in every run through the rotation? I am not pollyanna and think "WE are the Best". I get critical .... but after the season is best.

I think the team is good and if breaks go their way they get in. Prediction... they win 18 out of the next 20. Mine is as good as any. If anyone knew exactly what is going to happen, well I guess they got the Biff Tannen sports almanac that Doc Brown threw in the trash. Bet on it if you know it.

In my experience, sports fans who have enjoyed long periods of success are POSITIVE in general... and ones that dealt with plenty of loss are NEGATIVE. So it's no surprise that there are a lot of O's fans that are having doubts. The team was absolutely horrific for a decade and a half - one good season isn't going to convince a lot of fans that things have turned the corner.

Couple that with the fact that the negative are far more likely to throw their opinion out than the positive... and I think the board is more or less where it should have been expected to be, given the circumstances.

I just want to point one thing out here as it relates to expectations, one-run games, etc. Personally I think we're a better team this season relative to 2012. I don't think our wins last season were "flukes" in and of themselves, however I believe that the distribution of those wins was. Further, against a guy like Miley, we may lose that game 6-3 last season and lose by one this season. We didn't get "worse" in any facet of the game necessarily, but now we are losing games by less overall and winning by more overall. Just something to think about.

I just want to point one thing out here as it relates to expectations, one-run games, etc. Personally I think we're a better team this season relative to 2012. I don't think our wins last season were "flukes" in and of themselves, however I believe that the distribution of those wins was. Further, against a guy like Miley, we may lose that game 6-3 last season and lose by one this season. We didn't get "worse" in any facet of the game necessarily, but now we are losing games by less overall and winning by more overall. Just something to think about.

Would probably disagree with this. The pitching is considerably worse.

Yeah, I'm getting to the point where I may just stop reading OH all together the day after a loss.

I don't know if the largest part of the Negateers are new or recent fans... those folks don't seem to understand how sweet things are right now.

Bottom line is that the O's are 12 games over five hundred, not under it. They are in a pennant race and playing overall winning baseball. And I am estatic. The O's losses are not going to dampen my spirits. what

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_4GfRQSE-Ak" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4fk2prKnYnI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and if I haven't made it clear already ;)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dfqHLX3hdcs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is the first time all season this phrase hit me. The magic is gone.

The team I listened to tonight is the same stuff I miserably endured through for a decade. Get into a situation to change the game, but fail. It's something that didn't seem to happen a lot in 2012. I remember starting a thread sometime in May of last year, "this isn't the team I've been watching for 10 years." Last year it wasn't... but this year...

I don't know what it means but listening on the radio tonight I thought "the Magic isn't there anymore". This game vs the Rays would have been won last year.

Archived