Orioles have recruiting opportunity for Jose Abreu through Urrutia

JTrea81

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He looks a lot more athletic than Abreu. Of course, asking your best player who is a decent 1B to move to DH for an overweight DH type will go over big on the team, I'm sure.

I certainly wouldn't consider Davis a defensive hole on this team. Didn't we just see him last night hold an important runner on third on a nicely fielded ball and scoop another big throw on an out? Not saying anecdotal evidence suggests he's a + defender, but it's just sort of odd timing to call out Davis as a defender.

Have to think with how beloved he could be as a cuban defector-turned MLB superstar in Miami it would be very much worth it for them. Would easily be a net positive money-making contract.

Their payroll is only 39 million, true, but they are screaming about cash problems and the very low attendance issues.

It might be very productive for them as a PR move, but can they afford it?

Their payroll is only 39 million, true, but they are screaming about cash problems and the very low attendance issues.

They were reportedly in until the last minute on both Puig and Cespedes.

:rofl:

Not sure if it has changed with the new stadium but for years the revenue sharing money they received covered their entire payroll.

Unless the owner has been siphoning it off the team has plenty of money.

Also, TV money increases by 25 million or so next year.

You mean like the Orioles and Tex, and some other big $$$$ FAs?

Just so they can tell the fans, well, dang it, we tried.

I am of the opinion that this front office would never even think of that.

There is a new Sheriff in town. That said? We are not spending 65 million dollars on a guy like this. Is Cespedes even good anymore?

Both Buck and Dan have probably signed their last contracts. They will do what they please and do it with ease.

I am of the opinion that this front office would never even think of that.

There is a new Sheriff in town. That said? We are not spending 65 million dollars on a guy like this. Is Cespedes even good anymore?

Thats funny, Weams, very funny. :)

You are correct, I dont see this team, taking that kind of chance.

He looks a lot more athletic than Abreu. Of course, asking your best player who is a decent 1B to move to DH for an overweight DH type will go over big on the team, I'm sure.
Maybe the overweight DH-type could be used at DH.

Archived