vs. ROCKIES, 8/18

OFFNY

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed. Having Ortiz at designated hitter doesn't seem to hurt the Red Sox too much.

I know the counter argument is there aren't a lot of Ortiz type guys out there and that is true but I don't see where teams with the "flexible" DH's get much production. Until Wilson gets here I hope we see Roberts DH vs RHP and Flaherty/Casilla play 2nd.

Would love to get into the playoffs for his sake, he has been with this team through out the struggling years. He deserves the playoffs.

For all the talk of his career record with the O's (mainly a few loud voices on this board), he is helping keep us afloat these past few weeks with his average with RISP. Dude is Derek Jeter clutch right now. Hope he keeps it up!

I'm talking about THIS game. What does runs scored last night have ANYTHING to do with my question? I thought Davis should have been running on contact.

Oh, right. ONE big inning, prolonged thanks to an error, erases all the offense's lack of productive at bats in key situations like that lately.

You said lately. How am I supposed to know that is confined to this game. I don;t disagree with the idea that we should have been more aggressive there, but I disagree with the notion that we're some anemic offense. 5.5 r/g over the last ten. Yes, that's inflated by a ten and an eight, but that's averages.

Archived