Adam Jones on XM

baltfan

Looks like they aren't going to leave you be Belkast. Oh well, I have to admit that I still get a rush when I see your Handle in a thread.

Back on topic...

I think if there were another reason why Jones was pulled, he would have cited it. He obviously wouldn't comment on the trade possibility but he didn't give another reason either. His confession lies in his lack of denial.;)

Actually, he pretty much conceded that he was pulled because of the possibility of a trade. There was no talk of an injury, getting ready for next year, the Mariners not wanting him tired for Opening Day, or anything else. As I said the tone of the interview was that the interviewer suspected he had been pulled because he would be traded. The interviewer obviously wanted to make some news. Remember XM is based out of D.C. and alot of the hosts (Kushner, for sure) are Oriole fans. These guys are pretty plugged in.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That would be pretty good for me as well... I like Chen from the Mariners as he seems to have a better bat IMO & should be pretty inexpensive considering he missed most of 2007. So what could his value be? Do you thin Peralta is potentially available in this deal?

Peralta is crap. He can't even spell his first name correctly! :D

But seriously, its hard to not get excited about a potential trade just around the corner. I'm hoping for Jones, Clement, & Triunfel. If Tillman or Sherrill are included, that would be fantastic, too.

I tried to see if the MLB shop would allow me to create a #10 "JONES" jersey, but it would not. Anyone have a clue as to why?

Actually, he pretty much conceded that he was pulled because of the possibility of a trade. There was no talk of an injury, getting ready for next year, the Mariners not wanting him tired for Opening Day, or anything else. As I said the tone of the interview was that the interviewer suspected he had been pulled because he would be traded. The interviewer obviously wanted to make some news. Remember XM is based out of D.C. and alot of the hosts (Kushner, for sure) are Oriole fans. These guys are pretty plugged in.

This seems like the kind of info that is more reliable than much of what we get. This is straight from a player's mouth, and though it's mostly non-information, it speaks pretty loudly in that regard. Very nice.

This seems like the kind of info that is more reliable than much of what we get. This is straight from a player's mouth, and though it's mostly non-information, it speaks pretty loudly in that regard. Very nice.

I'm also glad to hear that Jones seems like he's got a good head on his shoulders. Him working on his strikeouts is huge. If we get him, I hope he not only plays alongside Markakis for a while, but that he tries to improve the way Nick does.

Has anyone found anything about any other M's leaving winter ball? :D

Have not heard a thing. But we have to get two of Clement, Triunfel and Tillman back with Jones. As long as we do that, I'll be good with it. If we also come away with a nice 4th piece like Chen or Butler...Bonus!!

09 Lineup:

Roberts 2b

Jones cf

Markakis rf

Texiera 1b

Clement dh/backup c

Wieters c

Reimold/Scott lf

Rowell/Snyder 3b

Triunfel ss

Maybe we should keep Roberts if none of the offers are of fair value. Probably Costanza or Moore starts the year at 3b, but I would imagine one of Rowell/Snyder may be ready for the show. Triunfel may start the year as our starting SS based on no other options, and let him develop in the 9 spot.

09 Lineup:

Roberts 2b

Jones cf

Markakis rf

Texiera 1b

Clement dh/backup c

Wieters c

Reimold/Scott lf

Rowell/Snyder 3b

Triunfel ss

Maybe we should keep Roberts if none of the offers are of fair value. Probably Costanza or Moore starts the year at 3b, but I would imagine one of Rowell/Snyder may be ready for the show. Triunfel may start the year as our starting SS based on no other options, and let him develop in the 9 spot.

There is no reason to keep Roberts IMO, if the offers arent good I wouldnt be totally against trade him in July but he would have to go then, but from what we have heard the offers arent bad. I think people should stop assuming we will sign Tex also.

09 Lineup:

Roberts 2b

Jones cf

Markakis rf

Texiera 1b

Clement dh/backup c

Wieters c

Reimold/Scott lf

Rowell/Snyder 3b

Triunfel ss

Neither Rowell or Snyder are ready! they both played in A ball this year Rowell

hitting .273 & Snyder hit .283. They both have another 3 years IMO!

Moore or Costanza would be a logical choice for me.

But all this depends on our ability to dump the Mora, Gibbons & Payton:eek: I hope!

But all this depends on our ability to dump the Mora, Gibbons & Payton:eek: I hope!

If we do Bedard and Roberts, I'm real interested if AM can get anything done on the other guys. Not much time before teams report. I hope he doesn't do trades just for the sake of doing them. Don't think he will, but it's not like Mora, Huff and Millar have zero value. They are each close to bench players, but at least Mora would be a great guy to have on the bench. Huff is going to swing away as our DH I'm afraid. I hope he does well, but...

He did say 2009, not this year. And he stated that neither would likely start the year with the O's.

I don't really think we're going to get Tex and I think we're going to trade Roberts, but its possible one of the 2 at 3B could be ready by late 2009.

Archived