Adam Jones on XM

baltfan

I would assume we are coming down to the final 7-10 days where we need to make a deal or look to fill voids through FA cause they're gonna need a game plan going into spring training. Plus AM mentioned that the last week of Jan was their deadline to making a deal happen.

Of course anything could happen, even if it's during the season.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would go as far as Penn, I think. I wouldn't like it, but I'd do it.

Bedard, Penn and Payton

for

Jones, Morrow, Clement, Chen and Sherrill.

That sounds like a pretty fair offer in my opinion. Do you think Seattle would be willing to take on Penn / Payton for Morrow / Chen?

This assumes that Bedard would fetch Jones, Clement and Sherrill, of course.

If I were Seattle I would wonder about it - but Penn does stand a chance to bounce back, he still has potential and Payton would serve as a great utility / backup OF if WLad does not work out.

That sounds like a pretty fair offer in my opinion. Do you think Seattle would be willing to take on Penn / Payton for Morrow / Chen?

This assumes that Bedard would fetch Jones, Clement and Sherrill, of course.

If I were Seattle I would wonder about it - but Penn does stand a chance to bounce back, he still has potential and Payton would serve as a great utility / backup OF if WLad does not work out.

Penn is still an excellent prospect given his age, IMO.

If Seattle balks at this I would be willing to remove Chen from the deal.

To me, Chen is not a dealbreaker.

Penn is still an excellent prospect given his age, IMO.

If Seattle balks at this I would be willing to remove Chen from the deal.

To me, Chen is not a dealbreaker.

Agreed. I would love to have Morrow over Penn with regards to how a future rotation may flush out. Primarily because I think Penn will have a better chance of succeeding in a new environment. Payton / Penn for Morrow (Still sounds harsh if you're Seattle - which obviously, I'm not...) :D

If Seattle has really offered Jones, Clement, and Sherill, then we shouldn't be far off from a deal. Thats a pretty outstanding offer.

I agree. In that's the offer, then I believe we're only looking at a potential 4th being included.

I can't help but get the feeling that the 4th player may be something of significance for each side which bothers me considering that's a fairly decent return as is.

I agree. In that's the offer, then I believe we're only looking at a potential 4th being included.

I can't help but get the feeling that the 4th player may be something of significance for each side which bothers me considering that's a fairly decent return as is.

If its a veteran of significance, then I don't mind from our side, unless we're selling Walker short, which I doubt is the case. If its a young guy, then I think I agree with you depending on the specifics.

Welcome to the board, glorydays.

I think you're misreading the article. Nowhere does it say that the Rays offered Young straight up for Miller. I think it means that the Indians turned them down when they asked Miller to be part of the return package (it's poorly written, I know).

Thanks PaulFolk! You may be correct, but I believe the point is that the Indians obviously place a higher value on Miller than what we here at OH do. After all, from the talk I hear here we would have him included in a package for BROB.

If its a veteran of significance, then I don't mind from our side, unless we're selling Walker short, which I doubt is the case. If its a young guy, then I think I agree with you depending on the specifics.

Actually, I was thinking it was a 4th player from Seattle. From the sound of the article, we're asking for Jones, Clement, Sherril and either Tillman or Triumfel (if no Morrow is included). Pretty stiff stuff IMO.

McPhail is showing us his dark side - I love it. :cool:

Archived