Adam Jones on XM

baltfan

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you are hoping for just a bit too much here. You aren't getting Jones, Clement, Tillman, Triunfel, and a mid level. You aren't even getting those first four. JMHO.:)

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear I meant we send Bedard and a mid-level prospect in exchange for that 4 player package...

I just thought of something else too, maybe the Mariners are trying to pull off the blockbuster getting Bedard and Roberts as I suggested they should in another thread. Bedard and Roberts would be enough of an upgrade to allow Seattle to challenge and maybe even pass the Angels to get to playoffs.

Peace, Thanks for that. Now 297 or so OH posters will start to lose sleep again tonight trying to parse your words and their meaning. :D

Hopefully something happens soon and it will help the Os get stronger both now and in the future. It does sound like things are starting to move again, either with Seattle or a couple other teams. Guess we should all stay tuned and stay patient. (And yes I do know how difficult that is!!)

Well, Miller has injury issues.

Barfield is coming off of an awful year.

Gutierrez would be expendable with Peralta likely moving to third and pushing Blake to the OF...He seems like he could be a decent corner OFer but a lot of his value is that he is cheap.

IIRC, he is a pretty good defensive player...good arm I think.

Its not really a bad deal at all by the Indians.

I'm not saying these guys are blue-chippers or studs, but remember Barfield only just turned 25 and is solid. Gutierrez is also solid and about to turn 25, and Miller has been rated their best prospect three years running by Baseball America. Don't discount the fact that these guys are all a few years from free-agency either. That counts for something.

Again, I'm not saying it's a total coup for the Orioles (if this is even on the table), but it seems like a pretty good deal.

It's certainly better than Gallagher, Marshall, & Cedeno.

I was thinking that we might give up Walker or Bradford in a deal like this. It would be an opportunity to clear some salary. I think Walker has another good year left in him but then after that I think he'll start going downhill.

Swapping Sherrill for Walker or Bradford makes no sense

Maybe we give them Hoey or something, but then it would seem like it should be the other way around. Meaning we trade Walker or Bradford for one of their young arms, like O'Flaherty.

I just thought of something else too, maybe the Mariners are trying to pull off the blockbuster getting Bedard and Roberts as I suggested they should in another thread. Bedard and Roberts would be enough of an upgrade to allow Seattle to challenge and maybe even pass the Angels to get to playoffs.

Not sure if that's likely...

Would be nice though... Just as long as the package was right...

Dont hold your breathe on that one

Ah thanks for the non-confirmation on that one. Still it would make sense for them to do it if they were investing that much of their future in a trade for Bedard, they might as well go all the way...

Swapping Sherrill for Walker or Bradford makes no sense

Maybe we give them Hoey or something, but then it would seem like it should be the other way around. Meaning we trade Walker or Bradford for one of their young arms, like O'Flaherty.

It would if you're saving yourself a couple mil and getting a reliever that is just as capable...

Archived