Trade rumor

DIPPER24

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Umm...that package wouldn't be CLOSE to getting Crawford. Sounds like Tom was taking a shot in the dark. I don't think he has an "in" with the organization...at least not one that would put out a rumor that has no chance in Hades of happening.

having been around the inner workings a bit, I can see where this comes from: It was probably conveyed as "Ray, Gibbons, and a prospect" which the Rays meant Loewen or Cabrera, or Reimold, but Tommy took as Fio. I love Tom, but...:rolleyes:

Oh my goodness. I think that seeing Crawford in our OF would bring a tear to my eye. That would be amazing.

Crawford and Patterson side by side means Markakis can just bring his lawn chair and catch some rays..nothing to do :D Talk about two guys that can GET TO IT...goodness.

Tom Davis said that he had heard Chris Ray, Gibbons, and Floriento for Crawford and another player. However he said the O's denied the rumor.

Which would put Fiorentino in the Oriole Hall of Fame as most valuable Oriole ever, second of course, to Milt Pappas ;)

I'm not sure why the 'Rays would want Gibbons. I see a more plausible trade involving all pitchers. Something like Ray, Penn and Wright. That gives them a closer and two ML arms for their rotation. I just don't think they would have a place to play Gibbons.

That's a trade that would leave the O's with a rotation of Cabrera, Bedard, Loewen, Benson and RLo. I would think they then go out and get another pitcher from the Padilla/Meche/etc group and trade Rlo. But maybe not.

I think we might be underestimating Ray's value. I know strange for this place but Duq did mention that people have taken notice to what we have done to the bullpen. He also mentioned that the phone has been ringing alot more since they have done it. Perhaps teams are seeing Ray as tradeable now. He really isnt a prospect anymore he is proven major league talent that is ultra cheap.

I could see the Ray's doing Ray, Penn, and Gibbons (DH for them) for Crawford.

Liz and Hoey...especially Liz...aren't as close as some think. Liz wasn't overly impressive at Bowie finishing the season. And Hoey was exposed. With the veterans now in the bullpen Hoey will be a while IMO. And Liz at least 2008 if not longer.

Well now with Baez signed they have 2-3 yrs. Lets not forget that little clause in Baez's contract!

Archived