Trade rumor

DIPPER24

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree that Crawford is the better player, but do you trade Penn, Ray, and Erbe for him? Would that be enough for TB to make that deal?

If it's not they better just give up hope of trading him. That's an established, cheap Major League closer and two grade A/B prospects. All of those guys could be multi-year All Stars. Ray could have been an All Star last year. That's a huge package.

I don't think we'll actually pull off a trade for Crawford, but just imagine what a 9-1-2 of Patterson, Roberts, and Crawford would do on the bases.

Ray, Penn, and Gibbons I would definitely do for Crawford, although I'd obviously much prefer the deal Tom Davis mentioned, even though its complete fantasy.

If it's not they better just give up hope of trading him. That's an established, cheap Major League closer and two grade A/B prospects. All of those guys could be multi-year All Stars. Ray could have been an All Star last year. That's a huge package.

I agree it's a huge package, but the one thing is the DRays have always been known as stingy trade partners.

I agree, but Crawford is a dynamic we don't have. If we could make this deal, we'd still have Liz, Olson, Beato and a number of good pitching prospects.

We would have Crawford under our control for the next 4 years at a bargain price. He would probably only get better during that time.

I agree, but Crawford is a dynamic we don't have. If we could make this deal, we'd still have Liz, Olson, Beato and a number of good pitching prospects.

We would have Crawford under our control for the next 4 years at a bargain price. He would probably only get better during that time.

That's why this deal makes so much sense for both clubs. I personally like SG's approach and hope that Duquette does something like that. I would also wonder if a call to the Marlins regard MCab might also make some sense. Especially if they are really thinking of trading Willis, as has been rumored.

I would probably give them a list and tell them to take 3 players:

Penn

Ray

Hoey

Erbe

Liz

Olson

Benson

They could not have Erbe AND Penn though unless the other player is Benson.

Pick one:

a) Loewen + Ray + Olson/Liz for Crawford

b) Penn + Ray + Erbe for Crawford

c) Penn + Ray for Baldelli

d) Loewen for Baldelli

e) None of the above

JMHO of course, but I'd say those are all pretty realistic in terms of matching needs with values.

Pick one:

a) Loewen + Ray + Olson/Liz for Crawford

b) Penn + Ray + Erbe for Crawford

c) Penn + Ray for Baldelli

d) Loewen for Baldelli

e) None of the above

JMHO of course, but I'd say those are all pretty realistic in terms of matching needs with values.

(b) is the only deal I'd do.

Personally, I'd be torn between b and c.

I think Erbe's gonna be real good, but he's still a ways away and thus far from a sure thing. It'd be hard to give him up, even though Crawford > Baldelli.

That was my point with the Ray, Penn, Erbe proposal. You have to give up good talent to get good talent.

I was hoping you'd chime in. Its nice to get a perspective from the "outside"!

I still think our minors has enough pitching talent to survive the loss of Erbe and Penn, and our bullpen is now deep enough to handle the loss of Ray.

Archived