2013 World Series (Cardinals vs. Red Sox)

OFFNY

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Estrada 3 for 5 with a couple and 2 RBI today.   Acevedo 2 for 3 with a walk and an RBI. i had totally overlooked Acevedo’s red hot May until today when I noticed his overall OPS had risen to .787.  He missed about 10 days in late April and the first week of May.  He’s been on fire ever since he returned to action.      
    • The rich get richer.  It's like Bill Gates dies and leaves all his money to Elon Musk.
    • Nay. They have some similarities in that power is their biggest asset. However, Stowers is not afraid to dive or crash into the wall, will have a higher walk rate, and is left handed. I think he is a more well rounded player. Remains to be seen if he has any 40+ HR seasons in him. 
    • Was adding Vieira to the MLB roster judicious?  Unless Vieira is pitching in a blowout (preferably one the O's are losing-it happens), someone will probably have to come in a get him out of the mess he has created.  Even if he has great upside, which I question, he's not worth overworking the bullpen for.  I don't think he has the kind of arm Fuji had. 
    • Something seems off with GH the past week or so.  Everyone has a slump but he seems to be playing without the energy and spark like he usually has. Not sure if it is a personal issue, he is sick/injured, or something else but hope he comes out of this funk soon. 
    • I don’t think he’s a high leverage guy but based off his peripheral stats this year and his traditional and peripheral stats in 2022, he’s a solid 6th/7th inning guy. FWIW, ZiPS has him at a 4.08 ERA ROS while Steamer is at 3.39.  There’s also the fact that there isn’t anyone in AAA waiting who inspires much confidence. This time last week Akin had a 2.78 ERA, 0.6 WAR (26th among MLB RP and 1st on the O’s), and was above the 97th percentile in xERA. There’s nobody in AAA right now they can call up who will perform close to that level right now, so I’d much rather give Akin a few more outings to see if he can even halfway turn it around than send him down for someone who isn’t going to be part of the solution. 
    • Good starting pitchers are reliable until they break. Plus they are expensive. So you better hope to have  a Rodrigo Lopez or two up your sleeve. Relief pitchers are like goalies. Just pray that whatever motley scrap heap you have compiled gets fire in Autumn.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now