MLBTRADERUMORS Oriole Arbitration Notes

Redskins Rick

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/10/arbitration-eligibles-baltimore-orioles.html

Excerpt:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/10/arbitration-eligibles-baltimore-orioles.html

Excerpt:

For clarification: I believe the number in parenthesis is service time, not current salary.

Yeah, but now it's this offseason. I get that he had more value last offseason, but he was reasonably paid coming into this season. You must be for trading Chris Davis this year too, right?

No.

I don't have any long standing feelings on the interchangeability of first basemen and a severe disinclination to overpaying them.

I do however have a long track record of disliking the very concept of closers and expressing the viewpoint that since bullpen performance is very erratic that dedicating significant resources to the bullpen is inefficient.

No.

I don't have any long standing feelings on the interchangeability of first basemen and a severe disinclination to overpaying them.

I do however have a long track record of disliking the very concept of closers and expressing the viewpoint that since bullpen performance is very erratic that dedicating significant resources to the bullpen is inefficient.

Interchangeability and disinclination in one sentence. I'd like to invite you to Games Forum of OH. We have an ongoing Word Association I think you would enjoy.

Jim Johnson is not Chris Davis.

Okay. So even though you preferred moving Johnson last season, I would then assume that you would still look to trade him this offseason.
Very much yes. Matusz as well if his future looks to be a LOOGY.

I want to give Wright a look in the pen come ST.

Absolutely....

I agree on all points. I doubt Wright gets consideration for the bullpen though, even though I suspect he winds up there eventually.

Even though I abhor the whole idea of designated roles in the BP, he'll never get the chance as long as they keep Johnson. That's why they need to make him an offer above what he made last year, sign him and then trade him.

So given this estimate by mlbtraderumors of 41.2 million, and the 2014 current payroll obligations in COTS, this puts our team salary at 86.6. This clearly assumes no one is traded and these estimates are correct.

That probably means we have about $10 million to spend on free agents unless Petey is really willing to open the books.

Archived