Does anyone believe the payroll with be $100 million?

Ibanezsondajuice

Just who was that last player the Orioles lost to Free Agency that became a superstar elsewhere?

We haven't had a superstar to lose for a very long time, but we have them now in Davis and machado. They will be superstarts for another team.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We haven't had a superstar to lose for a very long time, but we have them now in Davis and machado. They will be superstarts for another team.

We had Hardy, and Markakis, and Jones, and Brian Roberts. We lost none of them. Which ones did we lose?

Yes, just figuring out that even when the team is winning, they will do nothing to really improve. Just figuring out Angelos is indeed the true problem as it has finally been proven. Just figuring out complaining all day on a message board is pointless and annoying.

And deciding if you want to be a fan and cheer for them or if you would prefer to switch allegiance to a big spending team with a fun and fab owner that is more difficult for you to attend and even when you do, you will be ostracized. I know. It is a hard and perpetual choice for us all.

We had Hardy, and Markakis, and Jones, and Brian Roberts. We lost none of them. Which ones did we lose?

Are you seriously considering Hardy, Markakis and Brian Roberts superstars, cause I think they are mediocre players. That is not my definition of a superstar. None of them would warrant big money in free agency. I'm talking about true SUPERSTARS. Guys that can be paid in the $200 million dollar range. We will never come close to touching any of those REAL SUPERSTARS. And my point is, the O's said they wanted to build with home grown talent. They will not pay any talent that kind of money.

And deciding if you want to be a fan and cheer for them or if you would prefer to switch allegiance to a big spending team with a fun and fab owner that is more difficult for you to attend and even when you do, you will be ostracized. I know. It is a hard and perpetual choice for us all.

For some of us it is not a choice. I'm from Baltimore. I'm an Oriole fan.

Are you seriously considering Hardy, Markakis and Brian Roberts superstars, cause I think they are mediocre players. That is not my definition of a superstar. None of them would warrant big money in free agency. I'm talking about true SUPERSTARS. Guys that can be paid in the $200 million dollar range. We will never come close to touching any of those REAL SUPERSTARS. And my point is, the O's said they wanted to build with home grown talent. They will not pay any talent that kind of money.

They were at the time of their extension all true superstars. Of the type you would love for us to go out and sign.

They were at the time of their extension all true superstars. Of the type you would love for us to go out and sign.

In Free Agency Hardy would have gotten close to what Peralta just did. In Free Agency, AJ would have gotten Elsbury money. In Free Agency coming off his top season, Nick would have eclipsed 100 million. Roberts has always been up for debate.

Sorry dude, your wrong. I would never consider any of those players top notch superstars. Never. None of those players were being paid silly money. if they would have warranted that kind of money, they wouldn't be Orioles.

For some of us it is not a choice. I'm from Baltimore. I'm an Oriole fan.

For me it is not a choice either. But people do have choices. Especially now. They built that sweet stadium down in our Capitol and Philly is awfully close. :) Plus you can always go to Camden Yards nine times a year to wear your "Pink Red Sox" cap or your "Got Rings" shirt.

Sorry dude, your wrong. I would never consider any of those players top notch superstars. Never. None of those players were being paid silly money. if they would have warranted that kind of money, they wouldn't be Orioles.

I apologize, but i must insist. You are mistaken.

I apologize, but i must insist. You are mistaken.

I have to agree here. They were all highly coveted guys that the club locked up. Perhaps not superstars but really sought after types that would do real well on the open market. Not sure the point the poster is trying to make at this point, I wouldn't pay silly money to retain any of these (Matt, Chris or Manny) guys.

I have to agree here. They were all highly coveted guys that the club locked up. Perhaps not superstars but really sought after types that would do real well on the open market. Not sure the point the poster is trying to make at this point, I wouldn't pay silly money to retain any of these (Matt, Chris or Manny) guys.

Hey, in retrospect, it was foolish to lock up Nick and Brian. But it was our MO to keep our "Stars". Have we drafted well enough to have the best player in our system? Of course not.

Did we have the wosst team for a decade like Tampa and DC did? No. Were our players Mike Trout or Steven Strasburg? Of course not. They'll walk too.

We have Adam Jones. Two of the top 3 players he is most comparable in stats through the age of 27 are in the Hall of Fame (Dawson, Winfield) the third was pretty darn good (Reggie Smith). I would state he is a super star. 3 Gold Glove, 3 all-star games, Voted 6th and 13th in MVP voting last two years and just entering his prime. I am sure he would get a huge contract if he was a free agent.

Archived