Connolly: source says Arroyo scared off by Balfour situation (Schmuck Update)

TradeAngelos

Eats innings? What does that matter when the Yankees are teeing off on him? You think it's really all the O's fault he didn't come here? Give me a break they are SCARED of the AL East. Arroyo and Burnett are cowards.

I'm willing to bet the Orioles never came close to 2 Years 24m. I bet they offered 2 years 20m.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think he had rebuilt his resume. He either sits out a year or takes a behind the scene job for a year, then he's an addy ZgM for a year and then competes for another GM job. Plus he may get a buyout that we never hear about. I thnk the Angelos' will be sick go him too. I believe DD is being honest when he talks about what he wants to do in the FA market and thnk she has the money to do it...and then gets the rug pulled out from under him. I thnk at some point even his high school academy starts to look good.

Assistant GM. Damn autocorrect.

I dunno dude. Arroyo isn't a strikeout guy and he'd be coming back to the AL East in a bandbox of a ballpark. I think he'd get absolutely pummeled b/c his stuff isn't all that good.

The guy pitched well in Great American Ball Park (That is a home run park) Let's not act like the line ups in the NL Central are weak.

Eats innings? What does that matter when the Yankees are teeing off on him? You think it's really all the O's fault he didn't come here? Give me a break they are SCARED of the AL East. Arroyo and Burnett are cowards.[/QUOTE]

Do you even know what you are typing half of the time? That is absurd.

That is the "new" narrative though, everyone is 'scared" to pitch in the AL East.

It is all they got at this point.

The guy pitched well in Great American Ball Park (That is a home run park) Let's not act like the line ups in the NL Central are weak.

Well, there is a perception that the American League is more difficult... and we all know the reputation the AL East has.

AJ Burnett had all the reasons in the world to pitch for the Orioles this year but he's not going to, principally because of the ballpark, league and division they play in.

I think he had rebuilt his resume. He either sits out a year or takes a behind the scene job for a year, then he's an addy ZgM for a year and then competes for another GM job. Plus he may get a buyout that we never hear about. I thnk the Angelos' will be sick go him too. I believe DD is being honest when he talks about what he wants to do in the FA market and thnk she has the money to do it...and then gets the rug pulled out from under him. I thnk at some point even his high school academy starts to look good.

I think it's more likely Buck quits than Duquette. Duquette will never give up his paycheck. Buck doesn't care he is already rich.

As I have said before,if you are an agent and make a deal with the Orioles and it falls through and you get a couple of million dollar pay cut,you would be mighty mad. The agent could lose other clients and lose some of his commission. The Orioles are a last resort for players who have a choice of perhaps a minor league contract or a major league one with the Orioles. An agent in good faith with similar offers would never steer his clients to the Orioles. The O's would have to be aggressive and over pay for players and have not seen that in a long while.

I think the big backlash starts next year but who knows the Orioles might win the World Series.

Eats innings? What does that matter when the Yankees are teeing off on him? You think it's really all the O's fault he didn't come here? Give me a break they are SCARED of the AL East. Arroyo and Burnett are cowards.

I don't think they're cowards but they know what type of pitchers they are at this point in their career, especially Arroyo.

Other than that I completely agree. He may eat innings but if he were in the AL East I think he would be getting shelled while doing so. His stuff would not play well in this division or in OPACY.

Well, there is a perception that the American League is more difficult... and we all know the reputation the AL East has.

AJ Burnett had all the reasons in the world to pitch for the Orioles this year but he's not going to, principally because of the ballpark, league and division they play in.

Rank speculation. Every single word of that post.

That is what you THINK, not what you know.

Very true. Who do you really think AJ would like to pitch to 11% of the time? A national league pitcher or an AL east DH?

Rank speculation. Every single word of that post.

That is what you THINK, not what you know.

I do know this. 11% of the time a National league pitcher is throwing to the pitcher on the opposing team. In the AL east that 11% of time he is throwing to someone a whole lot better with the bat.

Archived