Connolly: source says Arroyo scared off by Balfour situation (Schmuck Update)

TradeAngelos

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've no reason to doubt the possibility this is true. However, all this leads me to question exactly what the disconnect is in the team physical process. Is it:

A. The Orioles staff is more thorough than other teams and they find stuff that others don't.

B. The Orioles staff is incompetent and thinks they're finding things when others wouldn't.

C. The Orioles as a team are overly sensitive about anything that looks remotely risky.

D. Somewhere in between.

E. None of the above.

F. Other.

G. Peter Angelos reviews contract/player report, decides he does not like the deal and stamps FAIL on the physical folder.

I've no reason to doubt the possibility this is true. However, all this leads me to question exactly what the disconnect is in the team physical process. Is it:

A. The Orioles staff is more thorough than other teams and they find stuff that others don't.

B. The Orioles staff is incompetent and thinks they're finding things when others wouldn't.

C. The Orioles as a team are overly sensitive about anything that looks remotely risky.

D. Somewhere in between.

E. None of the above.

F. Other.

None of the above.

I think what most people think (that aren't the usual "stop complaining because it pains me so crowd"):

I think the Orioles medical staff is probably directed to find things to help with the negotiating process.

Let's be real here-a physical is a big "grey" area. Someone can find something, someone can't particularly with a major league pitcher that will have some normal wear and tear from throwing a baseball so hard for so long. I am no doctor, but I feel that is pretty accurate.

I think that is the problem here.

I moved on from Burnett weeks ago.

When we heard that we were now in talks with Joey Saunders and Capauno.... thats when you know you can forget about Burnett.

I agree. But there was some still holding onto a shred of hope. But hey, still a week until ST. Plenty of time to improve the club.

Free agents didn't want to come here before the winning, and now they don't want to come here after the winning.

What's the one thing that stays the same? Peter Angelos

I wonder if the countless veteran posters that ridiculed and chased off the "complainers" will accept there was validity to their concerns.

Ha-yeah right.

I feel this board is a place for 20-30 friends to "hangout" and they just chase off the others with different views.

Oh well, whatever. Everything is peachy in Oriole land. Carry on...

Damn.

Dude.

Wow.

I've always said to let the team's actions (or lack thereof) prove our points.

And still... there will be someone defending this situation. Just wait.

MSK

Damn.

Dude.

Wow.

I've always said to let the team's actions (or lack thereof) prove our points.

And still... there will be someone defending this situation. Just wait.

MSK

I can't see that anyone would. If you wanted Arroyo, and there are many who did, this is damning.

None of the above.

I think what most people think (that aren't the usual "stop complaining because it pains me so crowd"):

I think the Orioles medical staff is probably directed to find things to help with the negotiating process.

Let's be real here-a physical is a big "grey" area. Someone can find something, someone can't particularly with a major league pitcher that will have some normal wear and tear from throwing a baseball so hard for so long. I am no doctor, but I feel that is pretty accurate.

I think that is the problem here.

What evidence do you have that the Orioles have used a failed physical for leverage to sign a player? The physical takes place after the negotiation process is complete.

I moved on from Burnett weeks ago.

When we heard that we were now in talks with Joey Saunders and Capauno.... thats when you know you can forget about Burnett.

But according to Gammons, the Orioles are "all in" on getting Burnett. If that's the case, "Deliberate" Dan Duquette sure has a funny way of showing it. Where is the sense of urgency?

As for Arroyo, the Balfour fiasco sent out a bad message to any players contemplating Baltimore as a destination.

Archived