Rosenthal says deal done Jimenez (4/$50M - Official)

Greg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a> have made substantial progress on Jimenez and are working to finalize deal. Believed 4 years and around $48 mil.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">February 17, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a> have made substantial progress on Jimenez and are working to finalize deal. Believed 4 years and around $48 mil.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source confirms <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a> working on deal with Jimenez. Report from <a href="https://twitter.com/masnRoch">@masnRoch</a> said deal could be $48M for four years.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I don’t either …. Kjerstad and Norby are too much. He a risky acquisition….I think you offer Norby or Stowers as your number 1 with a couple of others …maybe a 20-30 guy and a DSL player or two. 
    • Beavers by month: April: .886 May: .821 June: .599 Hopefully he turns it up in July. I feel like a lot of our position prospects find a way to turn it up at the end of the year. Let's see. 
    • You literally said I showed some skepticism over Basallo and that you pointed out his age and got "shouted down." Neither of which is true statement which is why I gave you the down vote (which I rarely do).  I would hope you would accurately depict what I wrote in the future vs using not just a "too harsh" of an adjective in "skepticism," but using the wrong word at all. If you are going to suggest I said something about a prospect, I just ask that your accurate depict what I said. Your original statement made it sound like I suddenly questioned Basallo after his slow start. I give out information on prospects and sometimes it's to point out their struggles. I pointed out how unbalanced Basallo was early i the season and how he did not look like that last year. That was a true statement. I did not follow that up with questioning him as a prospect or being skeptical of his prospect status. Oh, and BTW, I've given you upvotes of late as well. I don't hold grudges and typically give an upvote shortly after giving a down vote, which I only give when I'm misquoted or the post is against our rules significantly.   
    • Ok.  You don’t know what he’s asking for.  Even more so, you don’t know what he’d accept.     Will another team offer more than Kjerstad, Norby, and McDermott?    Can another team top that?    Doubtful.      Disclaimer:   I don’t think Elias would do this but I believe Crochet is gettable without giving up one of the top 3 prospects.
    • Sheesh. Once again, I do not mean any offense Tony, and this was in no way a personal shot at you. "Skepticism" was I guess not the best choice of noun here. My apologies. And I am not suggesting you weren't aware of his age or upside. Of course not. Nor am I trying to take any credit for pointing out his age. I never said that and I'm not sure how you're taking that from what I wrote.  Just a side note: I feel like I've been getting a lot of downvotes from you lately, and I even tried really hard to explain that I was in the wrong with the Basallo post I referenced, and was right to get a slap on the wrist. I'm not sure where I went wrong of late, but I hope I can get out of the doghouse at some point. I feel like my posts are being written one way and read another way that I'm not intending, so maybe I need to evaluate how I'm wording things. 
    • Thanks for the kudos, all! Last year, at A+, Basallo slugged .688 w/ an OPS of 1.131. At the age of 18.  That OPS put him 5th overall (minimum 50 PA). The names ahead of him (in parenthesis are prospect rankings for 2024): Xavier Isaac (#43 prospect overall) - 19 years old Aaron Palensky - 24 years old Jonathan Clase - 21 years old Agustin Ramirez - 21 years old That's it. Behind him were names like: Drew Gilbert (#39), Wyatt Langford (#6 before season started, 21 y/o), Junior Caminero (#2), Colson Montgomery (#9), Matt Shaw (#40), James Wood (#3), Jett Williams (#31)...I can keep going.  https://milbtracker.com/hitter-stats?levels[0]=A%2B&sort=ops&sort_direction=desc&org=&timeframe=2023&min_walk_percentage=0&max_strike_out_percentage=100&paginate=612
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now